1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561197997489142 - (B-17 Baumer / BANNED BY UHC)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Sherman, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sherman

Sherman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18611707
    Appeal for BANNED BY UHC

Steam profile: 76561197997489142 (B-17 Baumer)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:
    I created some alternate account after my main account was blacklisted to try to get on trading servers, but I don't even remember what it's called now. I'm sure your system indexed it.​

Appeal description:
    The outcome of my last appeal was that my SOP tag was removed. The admin handling my case said that I didn't follow up, but I thought I did. I might have added the wrong person on steam.

I am appealing a UHC ban that is based on a completely non-existent incident. I know that UHC bans aren't supposed to be appealed her, but if you know how I can get it appealed, anywhere, please help me. The incident, as I described in the last appeal, occurred thusly.

I was falsely accused of scamming in Team Fortress 2, on a public Valve server via player vote.

I was randomly traded by another person on that server, with no chat or verbal preface. I cannot remember exactly what it was that they wanted to trade for, but they failed to provide an equivalent offer. I exited the trade window after telling them that an agreement could not be reached. No goods were exchanged. Several minutes later, the player called a kick vote for "accused of scamming."

The motivations of the other player to commit this act of false incrimination are nebulous to me. No goods were exchanged, and I didn't try to coerce the person who votekicked me. I just left when they refused to pay an appropriate amount. I do not know the identity of the accuser, and I have not attempted to contact them since.

The report in my previous appeal thread said that I was pretending to be a UHC admin. This is not true, and makes no sense. First of all, I had no idea what UHC was at the time, and two , the incident occurred on a public server. I just didn't do it. I was willing to just let this whole thing go however long ago I appealed this last, but I just found out I can't sell things on backpack.tf because of my status here. I can't sell anything on trade servers, and I can't play on private servers because I have a giant scammer tag on my screen name that's just too embarrassing to cope with. Please help me. I just want to clear my name.​
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. Sherman

Sherman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18611707
    I know you have a lot of appeals to get to, but I beg of you, don't do this. Don't just say 8 words to me and the disappear.

1. I thought I did follow up. I must have made a mistake.

2. Your "No, just wrong" is more frustrating than I can respectfully articulate without being abusive or descending into histrionics. I am innocent. Innocent. I am telling you, it just didn't happen. If I have ever been on a UHC server, I don't know it. I have never pretended to be an admin of anything. It says the report was filed in 2011? I didn't even know about the TF2 economy until 2014. I didn't know what "buds" were. Where is the evidence that this occurred? Show me the evidence. Isn't it possible someone meant to report a different person named Cole Phelps, and instead reported me by accident? I really think this must be a case of mistaken identity. If I were a scammer, don't you think my trade history would show at least one transaction where I received buds from someone? Wouldn't I have successfully scammed someone at least once? Where is the hard evidence that I did this? Please show me so that I can address it.

3. My younger brother uses my account frequently. While I really don't think he's the type, at all, to try to scam someone, it's theoretically possible he did it.

4. If there was any inciting incident actually involving me, I have a theory as to what happened. Like I said, I had no idea that the TF2 economy existed in 2011. I didn't know buds had any special value. To me back then, they were just another cosmetic. Therefore, it's very possible that I attempted to trade someone for their buds, and my offer looked so petty and insufficient, that they would reasonably assume that I was trying to scam them out of them. I have no memory of this, but I do vaguely remember being jealous of mac users and wanting buds. Considering my level of knowledge back then, any attempt I would have made to actually trade for buds probably would have happened that way. I can think of no logical explanation for the admin thing other than mistaken identity.

5. Please show me the evidence that is being held against me. I can't address it if I don't know anything about the supposed incident that led to this miscarriage of justice.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in public beta, so please let us know if you encounter issues.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Archiving, please appeal using the legacy appeal system as shown above.