1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198005528902 - (FlyingMuppet / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by FlyingMuppet, Jul 6, 2014.

1. FlyingMuppet

FlyingMuppet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22631587
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198005528902 (FlyingMuppet)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    The reason for my ban was a long time ago, and I mean a really long time ago. It's the only time I've ever attempted to scam on Steam, and there was a very definitive reason why, not my proudest moment i'll admit. The Yak which I attempted to use to scam the player with was the very same I was scammed with just hours ago. I was scammed when the player used the yak in a steam trade after trading out the real one, resulting in me losing a rather substantial amount of items. I was attempting to scam out of complete desperation, again not my proudest moment. However I've never attempted to scam prior to this, or even since then. I'd actually forgotten about it completely until I realized I was banned about a month ago.

I'm willing to admit what I did was wrong, and I'm glad that I didn't actually manage to scam the player who reported me, I completely deserved to be punished in some manner. However I do feel that a ban is a bit harsh for such a long passed offence. I've not done anything of that nature since, and I don't plan on doing anything remotely scam related in the future.

I hope you can forgive my actions, I'm ashamed that I even attempted such a pitiful thing. Thanks for your time.

Muppet​
  2. FlyingMuppet

FlyingMuppet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22631587
    When I wrote Yak I actually meant Wardog, sorry. I made the same mistake the guy in the report thread made.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be dropped to a caution.
    Please note, further transgressions may result in you being retagged.

Appeal granted.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**