1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198006366728 - (D.E.L.B. / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by D.E.L.B., Feb 2, 2018.

1. D.E.L.B.

D.E.L.B. Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23050500
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198006366728 (D.E.L.B.)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Policy Change] The offense is no longer applicable under current policies. [POLCH1]
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hi,

So, almost 6 years ago, I had been marked as a scammer by a SR admin (whose name was the Noobinator).

6 years on, this still bothers me to this day and it's been over half a decade. A lot of stuff has happened in my life, I'm officially now an adult in the US and I was a kid at the time of this.

I also see that there has been a policy change on SR:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

My tag would come under, at least I think as "trading with a scammer" after briefly talking to a SR admin.

Let me explain what happened:
    I knew this kid, who had a brother, who said his brother would be taking over the account from him. The kid's name was "Boball." I said to the kid's brother that I'd look after him and that I'd be nice and all that stuff.

One day, "Boball" comes to me and says SR was framing him -- whilst he was giving me more details, I started to believe him and feel sorry for him and so I bought into what he was saying. I decided to help him with some trades on the fact that he promised me you were framing him and that he wasn't lying to me.

I'm 21 now and I was 14 or 15 at the time... still very naive and perhaps a bit too trusting. This kid was younger than me (or at least that's what he said to me) and looking back I can't believe I actually believed this kid.

We did some trades on SteamRep, he asked if he could use my account through "Teamviewer" and I said "go for it." He did some deals and I didn't want anything from it (I don't think he even offered anything but even if he did I wouldn't have accepted it).

"Noobinator" adds me and says, in summary, "do not trade with 'Boball' again or you will receive a SR ban."

I say "I won't." Then he says "if you do you will get marked."

So it goes on. "Boball" says you guys continue to frame him. He's feeding me with lies and I continue to help him. Same drill. Uses "Teamviewer," does trades and that's it.

I think a few hours later (my memory is fuzzy, it has been almost 6 years after all), Noobinator adds me.

He says I've been trading with "Boball." At this point I basically think I admitted to it. But I did say he's a close friend (I think I did, my memory is really fuzzy on this part but hopefully you can get the gist) and that you guys are continuing to frame him.

I don't remember much apart from that. All I know is the "Noobinator" gave me the tag and we only talked once after that. I think 2 years or something later. I asked if there was any chance of me getting it off but he said "no" and that there "might be some policy changes later on."

So that's why I come here today. I noticed after speaking to a SR admin that there was a policy changed under the "Trading with Scammers" policy and I think this would fit under that -- even though it's perhaps a bit more esoteric and specific.

If you can help me track down those I unintentionally scammed, then I will be willing to sort it out with them, whether that be with money, gifting a game or whatever. I have no idea how you can track those people down (I traded with 2 or 3 users) after 6 years but I am absolutely willing to make up for it.

It was unintentional. I have never traded much in the past 6 years and I hardly play any VALVe games or even TF2 anymore.

I fully accept that I shouldn't have done it and I should have got rid of this kid straight after the "Noobinator" warned me. It was just being too trusting on my part and guilt.

I don't have any evidence because this case is from 6 years ago, no pictures or whatever.

I hope this explains everything and I can get this taken off. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks all!​
  2. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
  3. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    I have gone way back in my inventory history and have found the person I dealt with (it seems it was only one person).

I have sent a message to him on SR and I've also added him on Steam. I will reply to let you know the results.
  4. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    To make it easier during the appeal process, here are the pics of my Steam inventory attached in the post.

"mycuzinvinny" is the only person I am able to identify that I dealt with (who I have also contacted). "Fluffy" and "Korra" are the alts "Boball" had.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/fluffyspy
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/korra2 (you can find a story of how you guys were framing him in his description)

That's enough bumping. I'll just wait now.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. D.E.L.B.

Steam:

Attached Files:

• pm.png
      pm.png
      File size:
      317.1 KB
      Views:
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Working with scammers is not covered by our revised TWS rules. Can you clarify exactly what kind of interactions you had with the other user in question, your story does not match with what the notes on your public profile say.

Please be mindful, lying or lying by omission = auto/insta deny.
  7. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    Sure. I have no reason to lie.

So I guess it was Noobinator that made the notes. The only other interactions I had with the user was with his brother who gave the account to his younger brother which was Korra/Boball. I can't remember why the brother had to go away but the brother said he just had to go and that was that. Who knows, the older brother may have been the same kid and he could have just been lying to me all the time. I have no clue.

There was really no other interaction apart from the fact that we talked about games and we played TF2. One day he asked if I could help with some trades and I said "sure" and that's ultimately how this happened.

After this incident, I said to him "I want nothing to do with you ever again" and I removed him from my friends list. He added me back I think (my memory is fuzzy) 2 years later and he said "could we be friends?" again and it was a flat-out "nope" after the trouble he got me in. I have never talked to him since this and nor will I ever will again.

If there's anything else on the notes I have no idea what they could be. I've never done any other trading in-terms of this scale apart from this.

I'm very happy to give you my full list of inventory history if you wish.

If there's anything else I can provide please tell me.

Key note here would be to take a look at the "Korra" account profile and scroll right down to the bottom. That matches up with what I'm saying and why I helped the kid. He said there was only one admin that disagreed which was the "Noobinator" and he said many others vouched for him -- which was a key element of believing the lies further.

I just felt really, really sorry for him. Being 15 at the time with a lack of life experience is also a factor in that. Really stupid thing to do.

I don't think he was much younger than me, I think he was 12 or something like that. It's been 6 years, I have no other record with you guys with scamming and I fully accept that it was a very silly and stupid thing to do. Im making the effort to get back in-touch with the person I unintentionally scammed also.

I don't know what else to say. That is all the interaction I had with this kid.
  8. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    If you're wondering why it's taken me so long to make an appeal. It's because of a few reasons:
    1). Noobinator said there is no way it's coming off unless there is a policy change.
    2). It's embarrassing for me to come here to post about this incident. Every now and then friends have asked why I have it and I have to explain it in detail. It's so embarrassing.
    3). Cynical about this whole ordeal and didn't think I would have a chance. But now I'm trying because it has been so long.

If I didn't care, 6 years on, using the same account, I would have been gone already. I've listed my only alt and if I wanted to continue to scam and deceive I would have ditched this account by now. I've still invested in it because I strongly believe that I would never intentionally deceive someone and that I really have nothing to hide.

This is the full story in all of its detail. There is nothing else. I promise you.

Thanks.
  9. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    I believe I also talked to HellAngel and Mattie when I had this tag 6 years ago and basically nothing would have been done due to the fact that I had 1 warning.

As I said before, I'm still here, 6 years on still investing in my account and if I was a scammer I would have ditched it by now and I wouldn't have cared so much 6 years later.

It's been over half a decade. That's a relatively long time.
  10. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    One final post, when it says "masking trading with a scammer" well, that wasn't intentional on my part. I was just helping the kid because he begged and begged for me to help him and he said you guys were accusing him of something he never did.

I wasn't trying to mask anything and I never saw it like this. He might have saw it as masking his illegitimate actions but as I said before, being 14/15 with hardly much life experience and being friendly with someone quite a bit can sometimes fool somebody over -- it certainly did to me and I haven't trusted anyone on this level since this and nor will I ever again.

Sorry about the multiple posts but more stuff is coming back to me as I'm thinking about it -- I'm retrieving memories from 6 years ago now.
  11. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    Thanks for that man.

With the person I was helping's alternate account also, it should prove that it was his because if you check his other aliases you can see "Boball" on there which is the original username of the kid I was dealing with:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/fluffyspy

Fluffy and Korra (same people) and mycuzinvinny are the only ones that match up with the timeframe of the ban. mycuzinvinny has kindly agreed to clear that the deal was a fair deal, but, it was not a deal that I personally conducted since the kid was conducting that deal using TeamViewer, not I, as stated above in the original post.

In this additional post, I have also attached pictures of my main account's full history to show that I am not an active trader (especially in TF2) and I do not conduct in high-value deals.

Attached Files:

12. D.E.L.B.

Steam:

Attached Files:

13. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
    Is this still being looked at? Haven't heard anything in nearly 4 months now.
  14. D.E.L.B.

Steam:
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    bumping is prohibited.

Unlocked 12/12/20 , additional bumps will result in appeal being locked until addressed.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    placeholder

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**

17. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a detailed review, in my opinion, knowingly lending out your account via teamviewer qualifies as "working with" banned users and not just trading with as this is above and beyond a normal activity between online trading partners. Even setting his story aside, you gave consent and by extension, you had an implied agreement for him to use the account for whatever purposes as he pleased. (also compensation is not a requirement nor do we know if you were/weren't compensated in other ways) Further, having even that much access makes him privy to certain account details that can be used at a later time to gain unauthorized control over the account. We also have a policy addressing lending of accounts:
    Based on my opinion that it does qualify for working with and policy about lending of accounts, the appeal simply cannot be considered.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**