1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198007026323 - (thevil1 / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by thevil1, Jun 29, 2019.

1. thevil1

thevil1 Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23380297
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198007026323 (thevil1)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Policy Change] The offense is no longer applicable under current policies. [POLCH1]
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    76561198007026323​

Appeal description:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198007026323-thevil1-sr-caution.121802/

Hi, above is my appeal from 2/1/16 and it is still marked as pending. I think someone changed the appeal reason to "[Policy Change] The offense is no longer applicable under current policies. [POLCH1]" because I do not recall doing that myself. However the details are in the previous link regarding how I was marked as SR caution and copied below for convenience.

"I received the SR caution tag at least 2 years, 910 days ago. It was from purchasing tf2 keys from one signal person over time and someone from SteamRep found that person to be doing credit card fraud. I was doing a lot of key buying/selling back then and I 100% did not suspect anything because I was buying from that guy constantly over months of time and the price was not suspicious to me. Basically, although I realize afterwards from the SteamRep personnel that I had been buying from a fraud person, I had zero intention of scamming or helping a scammer. Soon after I was marked as SR caution, I have not cash traded much because of that and because of college. The only reason I'm trying to get this wiped off is because my brother wants me to help him sell his stuff and I have not even tried to find new buyers (for months now) because of this mark and because I do not want to have to sell to low-rep people. Although it is only a caution tag, it affects my personal standards and possibly others and so it would be great if you guys can graciously remove it for me. People make mistakes and unintentional ones at that, I believe 910 days is a long enough length for 1 incident and mostly because I saw that you guys had the new policy changes.

As for evidence, I do not have anything because it has been so long. Thanks again."

It has been another ~3.5 years so I guess a total of about 6 years since I have been marked. I am an honest trader and as mentioned in my statement above, it was not intentional at all. I used to have a lengthy SourceOP trade rep thread as well but that has been made useless as a result of the SR caution tag. I appeal today, admitting the mistake that I made and promising to take more caution in trading in the future as to not promote or aid credit card fraud. Also, I am a Registered Nurse here in the USA, so that may or may not add to my credentials.

Thank you to whoever this may concern - for your time and work.​
  2. thevil1

thevil1 Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23380297
    Please disregard the part about "I do not recall doing that myself I do not recall doing that myself." Just noticed myself saying I noticed the policy change years ago in the previous statement.
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104