1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198010208505 - (BindMind / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BindMind, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BindMind

BindMind Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24971388
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198010208505 (BindMind)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    A number of years ago (I was around 16 at the time) I was frustrated with TF2 trading. I was getting nowhere and losing money because, to be honest, I was really bad at it. I decided to "go out with a bang" and get someone's valuable TF2 unusual. I feel really stupid for ever thinking that was a good idea, especially considering that hat had a real life value. I was basically stealing real money.

I'm 19 now, and I understand what I did was childish and stupid. I would never do anything like that again. After I did the deed I was already feeling guilty, and now that I'm older I feel downright awful.

I tried contacting the person I had originally scammed (https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198030334058) but he is currently trade banned and cannot accept any consolation I could give him. Unfortunately, once I aquired the hat I squandered most of its value anyway, giving it away to random people because I didn't care.

Now that I'm older, I would really like a second chance. I definitely won't do any hardcore trading, real money trading being out of the question, but it would be nice if I could have my childish past forgiven.

Of course, it's your call, but it would be a huge weight off my shoulders if I could have this ban lifted. If you need any more information, feel free to contact me. I have nothing to hide.

Note: I tried appealing with UTC but I don't think my appeal will go over considering their current policy.​
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @BindMind,

You did a appeal on SteamRep while your tag is not handled here, or have other tags on your account that are not handled by SteamRep.
    We have the rule that other tag(s) must be handled before a SteamRep tag can be appealed.

See link below to find where you need to go to appeal your tag, and more information: HOWTO: Appeal BANNED and CAUTION reputation tags.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-appeal-banned-and-caution-reputation-tags.58/

Once you handled your tag(s) of other communities (including Valve Trade Ban/Trade Probation), you can re-appeal here if you also have a SteamRep ban.

This appeal has therefore been set invalid, and has been archived.

======================
    MCT is currently handling the UHC/UTC bans. You will have to appeal to them first to be able to appeal here.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SOP will not lift the tag. You were a member of sop at the time, you have no valid excuse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.