1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198012095823 - (Mr. WildFire / BANNED BY ASBO)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ♥ THE BEST! ツ, Sep 13, 2022.

1. ♥ THE BEST! ツ

♥ THE BEST! ツ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25915047
    Appeal for BANNED BY ASBO

Steam profile: 76561198012095823 (Mr. WildFire)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    These are my best friends in middle school. I no longer speak with them like I used too but due to them connecting to the same wifi, and trading items with them I unfortunately got them marked as scammers as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990298441
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039399985

Also my alt account that was NOT picked up by your systems yet.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheHeroOfWar

Appeal description:
    I did a "quickswitch" scam ONCE OVER 10 years ago.

For those of you who do not know what that is, this is when TeamFortress 2 used to have trading IN the game. Steam trading did not exist as of yet.

This was about 10-11 years ago, I am currently 26 and was still in high school at the time. So about 15-16 years old.

How it worked was that you could switch an unusual in the trade menu with another unusual, and all that you could see is a little blink that an item has been removed and an item has been added. If my memory serves me correct, I switched out a green energy unusual handymans handle (around $40 value) with a confetti unusual handymans handle (around $18 value) without the person knowing.

I have since offered to repay the person I had scammed twice the value in order to make up for this. I didn't know it would ruin my steamrep for OVER 10 YEARS.

I have since added every possible user that was marked as an admin for reddit, and messaged them multiple times to try and ask how to appeal my case. They all played phone tag with each other and I never actually got ahold of anyone, after about a year I gave up.

I have these other accounts that are marked as alts of mine that I have never heard of.

alts 76561198054983038 - 76561198027729184 - 76561198054897662

I have no idea why these were linked to me, or if it was linked to one of my high school friends that also were marked.

I am a music producer, and graphic designer by the name of "Mr. WildFire". I could be a great asset to the steam community, but i've been scolded and told i'm a scammer for such a long time that I quit steam altogether about 2-3 years ago.

Please give me a chance, I will make you a song that is based off of TF2 or whatever you'd like.

I don't know what proof I can gather with it being such a long time ago. I wouldn't say 16 year old me was the brightest, and dealing with alcoholic parents may have put me in a dark place to do something of that nature. I have not stolen a single thing, or scammed a single person since then. This one mistake has made me too scared to ever do something like this again.

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Alec​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...3-the-best-banned-by-asbo.179732/#post-470054

You cannot appeal an SR tag while you have outside community tags pending, you have been told this multiple times prior and you still post here anyways, I have removed your posting privileges in the appeals section per previous notice, you are free to message me when your other tags are resolved and I will allow you to submit an appeal for the SR tagging here.