1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198012492348 - (Gouldney / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Pinkie Pie™, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Pinkie Pie™

Pinkie Pie™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26113310
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198012492348 (Gouldney)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    | steamname: Kawaii ♡
    | steam3ID: [U:1:92418631]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:46209315
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052684359
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Goldnej
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198052684359

Appeal description:
    Hi Steamrep.

It has been almost 9 years since I was banned as a SR Scammer. I would like to be given a second chance.

Let me tell you through my story a bit. This all began in 2011 when I was about 15 years old. The perfect age to get involved with the wrong people.

I somehow came in touch with "Team Deviate" who at the time were known scammers. I can't exactly remember how that came to be, but it happened, and they promised me more money than I had ever seen before if I just followed their lead. So I did. They told me to change my name to different people and I would do that... for a very short while. The name "Rob" comes to mind as some SR Admin who shut the whole thing down by flagging everyone, but I might be wrong about that. Can't recall how it happened exactly. However, I very quickly realised I made a great mistake by getting involved with those people and I got myself marked as a scammer. Rightfully so. But I'd like to add in my defence, I never actually got to scam anyone's items.

And that was it for then. I was marked as a scammer. It was not all bad, that trouble helped me learn all about what steamrep was and how trading was supposed to be done. It opened my eyes to a whole new experience for myself. Unfortunately too late. Nobody wanted to trade with me as I was now a scammer.

But that gave me a bright idea. I had a second steam account, so I thought I could still become a great reputable trader in the tf2 community. And then, given enough time and good rep on my second account, I could eventually appeal for my main and have all that extra street cred going on for me. Right? If people knew me as a trusty trader, for sure they would accept the appeal for my main account... News flash, I was very wrong.

Six months or so went by since I was banned. I decided to make an appeal. Which in hindsight I can see how that was a bad idea. I was still 15, only 6 months had gone by. And my appeal was as cringe worthy as it could possibly get. I'm not sure what I was thinking back then but it all went wrong and I got denied for my appeal and not only that but my second account got somehow discovered as my alt and that quickly got marked as a scammer as well.

That to me was quite a tragedy as I had numerous pages of great feedback for that second account. I was becoming a known and trustworthy trader. I became known enough that after a little research, I have found out there were even people impersonating my alt back then!

Makes me realise how annoying it can be to have someone impersonating you and giving you a bad name. So I really do regret being a part of those scammers, even if it was just a short time. It has got me banned now for almost 9 years.

Anyway after my appeal was denied and my alt got banned, I decided to forget about trading.

Eventually, in 2015. Sick and tired of seeing my account flagged as a scammer. I made a new appeal. Which unfortunately got instantly denied due to a rule stating I was only allowed one single appeal.

So then I gave up... until now.

It has been a hell of a long time since. But these days, I'm interested in investing and trading on csgo. The sad part of the story is, I can't really trade to anyone outside friends or people who know me well, as my account is marked as a scammer. It makes me instantly untrustworthy to any other potential traders.

I have recently asked a current SR Admin if I could be given a chance to post another appeal and he told me to give it a try.

So here I am.

Thanks a lot of reading my appeal. I am currently sleep deprived so I hope it all makes sense and is easy to understand. If you have any questions, just shoot.

Best regards,

Gouldney​
  2. Pinkie Pie™

Steam:
    Sorry about the formatting. It didn't look like that before I posted it.
  3. Pinkie Pie™

Steam:
    For a better reading experience I am attaching this text as a pdf document.

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, any further appeal attempt will result in loss of posting privileges in this section.