1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198014932827 - (Hexcyx / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hexcyx, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Hexcyx

Hexcyx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27333549
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198014932827 (Hexcyx)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Old Primary Account that was originally banned:

| steamname: ahnassi
    | steam3ID: [U:1:84468626]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42234313
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044734354
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/68586739495
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044734354

Appeal description:
    Nearly 10 years ago, whenever bots were beginning to be used as a tool to streamline trading in TF2, I exploited a bug with a newly coded bot that would accept your offer when the original item was removed from the trade, and essentially trade you free items for the item that was originally going to be traded to the bot.

I did this four times, for a total of about $15 dollars in Steam inventory items and about 20 refined in TF2 hats before it was cut off and I was reported rightfully for exploiting and scamming the owner and then banned on SteamRep.

I don't know the bot owner's account name, if there was someway to track back to the owner I would absolutely pay what I stole back to them without question.

The original account (as I've moved accounts since then) has the ban reason on SteamRep, the current account I'm on is banned for being an alternative account to the original.

I was young and stupid, but I knew what I did wrong and it's been a heavy weight on my shoulders any time I play any source game with trading involved. It's really awkward having to explain why I have an SR ban on my accounts especially when it was something you did many years ago and know it was gross to do and isn't someone you are or want to be seen as anymore.

I'd like to start new and utilize what BP.TF and other websites provide, as well as stop being banned on servers automatically or my name changed in servers to 'SCAMMER', and being turned down in trade offers because of an extremely stupid opportunistic mistake I made a very long time ago. I know what I am and who I am and it wasn't moreso of a 'changed from' situation but moreso of a knowingly regretful destructive mistake I fully acknowledge I made and am endlessly sorry for committing.

I hope I can be given a fair chance at being forgiven, thanks for the help.​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918