1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198025637970 - ((◔) Neville / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by (◔) Neville, May 8, 2022.

1. (◔) Neville

(◔) Neville Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32686121
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198025637970 ((◔) Neville)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    my little brother who I was living in the same house as at time of ban: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198034306361
    THIS IS NOT AN ALT OF MY PROFILE BUT A SEPARATE ACCOUNT OWNED BY A SEPARATE PERSON​

Appeal description:
    I was incorrectly marked as a scammer alt a long time ago. My little brother (https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198034306361) was a scammer and was banned appropriately, but for some reason I was listed as an "alt" and I am banned. I have never been into trading and never owned unusual, just really like playing medic. Been playing tf2 on this account since early 2011. I played with my little brother regularly, pocket medicing him etc. At some point he got into trading and was a legit trader for a long time before I guess eventually started scamming. Anyway my evidence that our accounts are not the same l o l is a screenshot from 2011 of us playing together. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=43713708) Btw the other user 3-D with the "clan tag" in the screenshot was a pryo main I met in a pub and used to queue with, and became friends with. I believe he was into scamming (didn't know or understand when I met him) and I think he was the one who taught my little brother (sheemus) how to scam unusuals.

Also the "clan tag" in my username is a random character I thought was cool and started using for me and my tf2 friends (my little brother included) to use. I think I'm the only one left who still plays that has it, was never a clan.

Still really enjoy playing tf2 and getting back into it recently but I get auto kicked from some servers (ugc i think) automatically because of my incorrect steam rep ban on my account which IS NOT AN ALT :(

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your time,

Emmanuel​
  2. (◔) Neville

Steam:
    Hmmm I also looked through my trade history and I see my brother had traded me unusuals a few times I have very little recollection of this from 8 years ago. I understand how that would raise alarm bells and get me marked as an alt RIP. I think he would loan me s✿✿✿ to try on or borrow then take it back when he wanted it for trading. I didn't understand that he was stealing this stuff from people and at the time thought he was a legit trader (which he had been for a long time before he went AWOL). Apologies for not including this in my first post.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Added you on steam, please accept, we have much to talk about.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You appear to have got my invite but went offline after I told you I added you for your appeal. Do you still wish to appeal?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. (◔) Neville

Steam:
    Yes. Hello had work to do was not intentional timing.
  6. (◔) Neville

Steam:
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    After speaking to you at length, its clear the "brother" had access to the account at some point in time and used it to attempt to sell stolen unusuals, you made clear this was not you and therefore, a defacto alt determination has been made, the appeal is denied.
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022