1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198025788787 - (Grapes / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by _Grapes_, Aug 26, 2014.

1. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32761529
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198025788787 (Grapes)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    A couple years ago when dota 2 was first released, I was very heavily invested into trading. I traded a lot of cosmetics for the community on dota2trade subreddit. The ban I received was from a very narrow-minded user that submitted info that did not even listen me out and turned in screenshots of our chat to that point and the judgment was dealt in his favor.

I did "pose" as an admin. I was an admin of a different subreddit and applying to be an admin on a dota2 trading site because of my reputation as a large trader in the community. In the archives of the subreddit you'll see me as the Grapes shop.

After the ban, I pretty much quit dota since I couldn't trade people anymore.

I purchased CS:GO a few days ago to play with some friends.

Like dota, CS:GO has very appealing cosmetics that I decided to invest into.
    (opening cases was a terrible investment that I should have already known from dota)

I can't trade with anyone, use any subreddit or csgolounge because of my previous ban.

I don't have a valve trade ban or anything.

I just want to be able to trade again and use websites such as the subreddit and csgo lounge.

Thank you for your time.​
  2. Hello Grapes. There is something that you didn't write true. The thing I am talking about is the "Previous Appeals". You had a previous appeal but you didn't selected the true catagory. Can you please make a new appeal and put the true catagory on it? Thanks!

I am not a staff. I am just helping you for your appeal.
  3. Edit: The appeal that is invalid doesn't mean anything. It's still a previous appeal.
  4. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Oh okay. How do I edit it?
  5. You can't edit an appeal. Make a post here and write "Changing the catagory of "Previous Appeals" to (Yes, I had a previous appeal here)". It's simple.
  6. Also, if you repaid the victim, please upload the screenshot your trading history to here. Repayment is a MUST.

Attached Files:

7. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Oh okay.

Changing the category of "Previous Appeals" to (Yes, I had a previous appeal here one day prior, made an invalid appeal).

For the repayment portion, I never received funds or items from that user, so am I supposed to edit that as well? It was more like we had a trade discussion and he decided that I was trying to scam him by posing as an admin so there was technically no payment/transaction at all. So is the only repayment I can make an apology?
  8. Posing = Impersonation. Yes, repay him for apology then Show the screenshot of your trade history. That's all.
  9. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    So I'm looking at my trade history and there was no actual trade done. Just the screenshots that he posted of our conversation initially which were used as evidence to get me banned. What should I do now?
  10. Add him and say that you will refund him back with some items. (Hats/miscs/ref etc...)
  11. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    How do I find the person who reported me??
  12. Go to your SteamRep profile in SR's home page. Then look your offenses and click on them/it and see the report and the reporter/victim. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  13. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    No reply still??
  14. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Hello, it's been 5 months since I've posted this appeal.... I'm wondering if it has been looked at. Thank you.
  15. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Hello, I posted this appeal in August.... and still haven't gotten a reply back. I am aware you guys are busy, but notice me please!
  16. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Hello,

I am wondering if this appeal has been looked at .. it's been over a year now. Thank you.
  17. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @_Grapes_ Your profile is still "Friends" only and not public. I would have invalidated your appeal again as you were already for the same thing a year+ ago.

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
  18. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Sorry, I did not notice that my profile was set to private. I had set my inventory to private because I was getting a mass of friend requests for trading. I have changed my privacy settings to public once again. Thank you for your time!
  19. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Any update?
  20. _Grapes_

_Grapes_ New User

Steam:
    Hello, just wondering if anyone has looked at this case.