1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198027024656 - ([=SMDT=] Tober / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tober (Dick Ripper), Nov 9, 2015.

1. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Tober (Dick Ripper) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33379464
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198027024656 ([=SMDT=] Tober)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    I have posted here before and I am posting here again, because nothing was done, and I am becoming annoyed with my inability to trade with the TF2 community. I would like nothing else than my ban to be repealed.

A long while ago (apparently 1626 days ago) I was banned for attempting a scam that was never followed through. It was before steam trading, a time when trading with games was difficult, and I thought I was sly and would try to say I had a copy of Portal 2 to trade for an unusual. I had no copy of Portal 2. The trade never even occurred. All that happened was I went into a server and advertised this "trade" (the scam). Nobody was truly harmed, nobody's items were taken.

Did I do something wrong? Yes, I should have known better, because I have been marked as a scammer for what I think is almost 5 years now, and I am essentially unable to trade with anyone except for people on regular Valve servers or community servers, or among my friends.

Was anyone truly affected? I don't believe so. Like I said, no items were traded, stolen, scammed, etc. The most that happened that day was people being bothered/upset about a potential scam that was never followed through.

Have I served my "time"? I surely think so. I've been unable to participate in most trading communities. Most of my backpack that I've accumulated in the past years was through my own money, and barely any trading. I surely would have saved some money if I was able to trade, but I digress. 5 years of punishment is surely long enough in my opinion.

If I am unbanned/unmarked, I will surely never do anything like this ever again. 5 years ago I was 13/14. I'm a 19 year old young man who knows a lot better now. I want nothing more than to be forgiven of these things I did so long ago, and to be able to participate in the trading community.

If these links help at all, here then here they are:
    Previous appeal: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198027024656-tober-dick-ripper-banned-by-sop.69645/
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    archiving.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**