1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198027468124 - (The Bad Medic / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by The Bad Medic, Sep 19, 2018.

1. The Bad Medic

The Bad Medic Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33601198
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198027468124 (The Bad Medic)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I have never typed one of these before so I guess I will start at the beginning. One of the friends got their account hacked, and the person pretended to report me. He wound up getting all my items and also my account info. He then used my account to try and scam my friend Wombat, and failed. The next day I got into my account, even with them changing info. I then reported them and explained it to my friend. He has since forgiven me, since I didn't try to scam him the other guy did. Attached to this I have my last conversation with my friend, to help show he has forgiven me for being dumb.​

Attached Files:

2. Wombat™

Wombat™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78994606
    He did contact me, all is good between the two of us, these things happen
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you are claiming hijack you must provide proof - this would be from steam support via steam support ticket to verify/confirm that you did in fact get compromised.
  4. The Bad Medic

Steam:
    The closest I have is emails I got from steam, saying I changed my info when I didn't.

Attached Files:

5. The Bad Medic

Steam:
    All I do know about me needing to get my account back is I had to log in after he changed my email address and password. I did this by steam asking me my credit card info and got logged back in. I then instantly changed my info and reported them. The person who got on my account and tried to scam my friend can be seen in the pics my friend used to report my account.
  6. The Bad Medic

Steam:
    Is there anything else I can do to help prove my innocents?
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please don't bump the appeal - wait till an appeals admin reviews it.
    Thanks!
  8. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Sorry for the delay. Please describe in detail how your account was compromised, and how you recovered it.
  9. The Bad Medic

Steam:
    A friend of mine had his account hacked. The hacker then pretended to be my friend and told me they reported me. They then sent me a link to the hackers account pretending to be a valve employee, I then gave them my info. They changed my email and password, but I managed to get it back by knowing my debit card info.
  10. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello. I'm unable to grant this appeal, since we do not consider willingly giving out your credentials to another Steam user to be a form of hijacking.
    You are at all times responsible for your account and any actions by it; this is Valves stance, and this is also our stance.
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/ :
    https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    If our policy changes, and only then, you will be welcome to make another appeal.
    Appeal denied.