1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198029232533 - (Dreadnaught / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dreadnaught, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34483402
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198029232533 (Dreadnaught)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    ALT - https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198049209240

The following accounts are NOT alt accounts but were mislabeled as so on my SteamRep profile:
    Brother - https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198033125093
    Brother Alt - https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198048725767
    IRL Friend - https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198074975208

Appeal description:
    Hello, It's been over 100 days since I was banned so I thought this would be an appropriate time to ask for my appeal. I wanted to start out by saying that my original ban (I believe originating from bp.tf) was for "being an alt account of a marked user" when I in-fact am not, I simply traded with one, getting marked in the process. This offense change has been corrected on bp.tf but not on SteamRep. I don't remember for sure, but I think I made an initial appeal on correcting the fact that I was NOT an alt account and was told my profile/ban would reflect the change but nothing has ever been done, regardless, I am here now to appeal the actual true offense, 'trading a marked user.'

I was banned for 'brokering/trading a marked scammer'. The scammer in question is my little brother who received his ban from leaving a spycrab event over a regular cheap hat over 10 years ago(he was like 13 and he was young and stupid -- he didn't actually scam anyone out of any items, just didn't pay up after losing). Anyways, back before I really started using bp.tf/marketplace.tf and so on, he would have me hold on to hats for him or trade him stuff, which I kindly did as it was no bother to me at all...I was aware his ban messed with things so I thought I was just helping him out. What I did not realize was that it was absolutely forbidden to 'assist' scammers out this way. It always registered to me as just helping out my little brother and not 'aiding a scammer bypass things.'

Eventually this triggered something and caused me to get banned originally for 'being an alt account OF him' which isn't the case, I'm just his brother. I did not realize how serious of offense it was until I received the original ban. Since then, I clearly see where the harm comes in with trading marked users no matter what, and I sincerely apologize for that and would do anything to rectify this.

I have been playing TF2 for over 10 years, I have never meant to do anything malicious towards anyone or any community, and would really like to be able to once again join the TF2 community. I am an open book, whatever you need from me I will provide, I have nothing to hide, I just really want to get this resolved.

I lastly want to reiterate that I am NOT an alt account and neither are 3 of 4 accounts that are linked to me on my SteamRep profile -- again, all I did was trade an item to my brother and the ban attached to me. My alt account(labeled above) is also just an innocent spare account I made for fun, it has never done an ounce of illegal/malicious activity, it was just auto-banned when I was banned.

*attached is the fixed 'ban reason' on bp.tf

Thank you for your time.​

Attached Files:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34483402
    I also want to throw out that I attempted to appeal my ban on bp.tf first but they advised I need to fix my ban here on SteamRep first before I appeal elsewhere.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Archiving, you already submitted an appeal via defunct community appeal for the UHC tagging. This was already told to you in your last appeal attempt, further appeal attempts via forums for a defunct tag may result in loss of posting privileges in the appeals section.