1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198029232533 - (Dreadnaught / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dreadnaught, May 28, 2024.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34483402
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198029232533 (Dreadnaught)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Mongkoot/
    (This is my brother - the reason I'm banned)​

Appeal description:
    I have tried to explain this time and time again and it baffles me that to this day I am still banned...

Context: Over TEN years ago..my brother, Mongkoot, lost a spycrab battle for some regular craftable hat and left the server instead of paying.(Never gained profit, just didn't give his winnings) He was marked as a scammer for UHC although I believe he no longer is.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago, my brother asked if I could buy him something off a TF2 website, I think it was marketplace.tf or something similar. Shortly after this happened, I found out that my own Steam account was banned across the community for "Alt account of known scammer" or something to that affect. I figured it would be a simple appeal as it was clearly a mistake. I don't know if the admin who handled it was just having the worst day of his life or is just always as rude as he was, but he REFUSED to believe anything I said, even after I sent him countless proofs that I was not an alt account. After days and weeks I finally got in touch with another admin who finally listened to me and uncovered the mistake, that I SHOULD have been banned for "BROKERING for a banned account, not as an alt account." He advised that it should be corrected....

To this day, the only thing that has changed from then is the actual text of the ban reason. My punishment was not changed, my original appeal was never taken seriously in the first place because my appeal had nothing to do with brokering I was appealing the fact that I was falsely banned for being an alt account.
    To make matters worst, my brother decided to appeal his ban and it was ACCEPTED.

I'd like to lastly note that I had no idea I wasn't allowed to buy stuff FOR another user, although I do now, and take full accountability for the crime of BROKERING. I do however think that due to the circumstances of being falsely banned the first time, the aggravation I have had to deal with, and the fact that the user I was banned because of is NO LONGER banned, I feel that my punishment should be lifted.

Thank you.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Per previous warning, you have lost posting privileges in the appeals section;