1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198030026090 - (meitou めいとう / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Nikriontra, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Nikriontra

Nikriontra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34880181
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198030026090 (meitou めいとう)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    NIL​

Appeal description:
    Good day,

I wish to apply for a second appeal to my SteamRep trade ban.

I committed the offense of joining a false Middleman group. As mentioned below, I was in no way, shape or form a participant of any scams associated with this group.) I recognize it as a grevious error on my part and one I regret immensely.

During a routine day on the TF2 trade servers, I was attempting to purchase a Fast Learner off an individual. However at the last second he switched the clean hat with a dirty, which I did not pick up. I was new to TF2 (and the trading community) at the time and the loss was devestating to me. I begged him to reverse the trade, but naturally no such thing happened. The scammer did eventually relent and partially reimbursed me, but not enough to cover my losses.

As mentioned, I was new to TF2 at the time and I was impressed by his massive TF2 inventory. (Keys, hats, unusuals.) We talked on and off a number of times after that, and it was during this period that I dabbled in one or two scams, fortunately none of which were successful. I have not attempted a scam ever since.

In my final chat with the scammer, he invited me to join the false "SR middleman" group which he claimed would net us lots of items. At the time, I was swayed by the offer and joined the group.
    To date, I have no idea if the group attempted or successfully carried out any scams. If so, I was in no way involved and was not the recipient of any scammed items. I have had no contact with this individual since.

I would also like to stress that at the time, I was not aware the group was trying to imitate a real "Middleman" group, as I did not know about SteamRep + Co at the time. I was simply invited into a venture that claimed I could get free items, an inticing offer for an impressionable mind. If I had been aware of the facts beforehand, I certainly would not have joined.

This event took place many years ago, and there is certainly a lack of evidence that proves or disproves my innocence. However, this, in conjunction with my clean record on the Steam community and zero active or former bans on any other trading platform, I politely ask the appealers to reconsider my ban status. I made a really stupid decision without any real thought, and I regret it.

Thank you for your consideration.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, further appeal attempts will result in loss of posting privileges in this section.