1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198031566289 - (fr0g.si / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Matt (: #Scammed, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Matt (: #Scammed

Matt (: #Scammed Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35650280
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198031566289 (fr0g.si)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    So after I got tagged for scammer I contacted and repaid victim within few hours I also made an appeal on the ban but it was denied because I didn't upload the chat logs with a victim. I didn't know they are required also after i wrote i am unable to provide screenshots due to closing the chat before admin told me that they are obligatory in the process. But after he wrote that i have to provide context in which repayment was made. So I did, I wrote everything I remember I gave victim to read the context and he confirmed as well. Now I really don't know what to do.

Here is the ban thread: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...tf2-team-fortress-2-items.156648/#post-418026

Here is the appeal thread: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...6289-fr0g-si-banned-by-sr.156683/#post-418547

I would greatly appreciate if another admin could review this.

I never want to go down the same road​

Attached Files:

• help.png
      help.png
      File size:
      340.6 KB
      Views:
  2. F.CO.WOLF/BANNED BY SR

F.CO.WOLF/BANNED BY SR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:124349570
    You can screenshot on mobile, that's how I did it. Just as long as you have not deleted the chat.
  3. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    I did, but i repaid around 12 pm, admin requested chat logs hours later, and I talked a lot with the victim later, so the chat history didn't go as far back, I provided mobile history aswell
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Per our FAQ, you are allowed to have your appeal reviewed by another admin to decide if you deserve a second appeal, only in the event of extenuating circumstances. To do this, you must choose one of these reasons, and explain:
    1. New evidence not produced in your original appeal.
    2. Unfair appeal. Note: A different appeal admin will review your original appeal and decide if their is enough to grant you a new appeal.
    3. Other extenuating circumstance at admins discretion.
    Under which of these grounds do you intend to have your appeal reviewed? And please explain your reasoning for whichever reason you choose.

Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a conflict of interest, or mishandled your case (e.g. rejected by same admin who accepted report).

NOTE: Appeal reviews are not appeals. You only get one appeal, and once denied you are out of options. Appeal reviews are intended as a level of oversight in case of admin abuse/mishandling or extenuating circumstances. Using the appeal review process to request a second chance or because you don't like the admin's decision will automatically result in your review being denied. You cannot request any additional appeal reviews.
  5. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    I want my appeal to be reviewed by another admin because previous admin rejected my appeal due to lack of context in which item was repaid when he requested it. it's clearly that I provided context but it was written down as close and as honest as I remember there was nothing made up. I don't want to lie to anyone it is not good for any of us especially for me, victim confirmed the that aswell. In addition, why would I repay item in first place, If I wanted to stay scammer I wouldn't make a single ticket here I would just run with the item, I truly regret my misdeed of scamming, this will never ever happen again. And victim was repaid in less than 2 days, all monetary loss was repaid. Alternatively, I suggest (if its possible) to interview the victim. I never imagined to be in situation like this trading is my passion and it was taken away, I truly wish i could go back in time and erase that day from my life -.-
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Is that 1, 2, or 3?
  7. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    It's number 3 sir
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok, please explain how this qualifies as extenuating circumstances.
  9. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    I consider this is as extenuating circumstances because:
    Firstly, the victim was not paying attention while he accepted the trade therefore it's not entirely my fault, but what was a bit unfair in my scam report that admin didn't consider my evidence, when I sent him an offer with these items: 75 keys + my unusual western wear + my knife for his unusual rocket launcher and his unusual hat with a description
    and he declined the offer. After he declined I sent him another offer with 75 keys + australium minigun + my unusual for his unusual rocket launcher and unusual hat, and he accepted! Immediately after the traded he texted why did I steal his rocket launcher, but at the time I HIGHLY doubt that I thought he is making an excuse to trade back. Meanwhile I was playing mvm, so I told him I am going to play a bit with his rocket launcher and return it after I finish the tour, it was around 12 am on the Friday so I played 3 out of 4 maps of the tour that night I played until 3 am,than I went to sleep, next day I was not home whole day and meanwhile I was away he reported me because he probably thought I will keep the item. On Sunday 5th of march I returned him his rocket launcher after I played last tour of mvm and we both played mvm together and after tour he immediately received the rocket launcher. But this is more leaning towards reason number 1 and 2.

Secondly, the real reason why i consider this as an extenuating circumstances is because, admin replied a bit late after I uploaded the proof of repayment but without chat so he wrote
    and after i saw this I had no clue what does that mean so I browsed the forum a bit and I saw that he wrote that a lot on appeals and than i realized why, because they did not upload chats. To be honest i started to sweat a bit... Because guess what, I closed the chat hours before that, I asked victim if he has longs, he closed aswell, I checked my chat history in mobile phone too, It did not reach so far back because we chatted through out the day a lot with a victim. So than admin showed me the rules where it says that I must upload chat when I repay victim. I admit I didn't read that thread because I missed it somewhere, I read everything on that post https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-appeal-banned-and-caution-reputation-tags.58/ and after i wrote my appeal with me thinking i am well prepared and that I know everything, and as it shows I made a major mistake and i blame my sloppy reading for that. English is not my mother language either, and I am not familiar with academic usage, well I have some knowledge, but I am just stepping into the academic world. Please bear with me, and I know my texts are super unpleasant to read because i am terrible at explaining stuff.

IF there is anything more I could do, please let me know
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I asked for extenuating circumstances surrounding the appeal, not your original case.
  11. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    Second part of my post talks about it i believe, and I can add that I provided context which admin requested and appeal still got denied.
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Your failure to read the appeal tips or rules about repayment is not an extenuating circumstance. Anything else?
  13. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    Can I get examples of an extenuating circumstance, otherwise whole thing I wrote is more suitable to number 2? I can imagine what extenuating circumstance is but not in this environment so I would like to know.
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Best example I can think of is someone who was hijacked, and the hijacker wasted their "1 appeal per person" with a clearly poor appeal they expected to get rejected, out of spite, malice, or extortion. In this case, the appellant provided solid proof of the hijacking, which demonstrated they never had a chance to appeal in the first place. If the proof of such extenuating circumstances were adequate, they'd be allowed a new appeal.

Bear in mind, by design, appeal reviews are not normally granted. This is a last stopgap measure in case someone does not get their "day in court" for the first appeal. Policy of "1 appeal per person" still stands, and unless you provide overwhelming evidence you didn't get that 1 appeal (burden of proof is on you) then the appeal review is not granted. Such extenuating circumstances would be very clear and explicit and your selection from above would have been 100% unambiguous. You can't just try and find a "best fit" for one of those options as a reason to keep appealing with different admins until you get the answer you want. You said option 3, so now it's up to you to back yourself up on option #3.
  15. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    Ok, I failed to provide context according to the admin, but I had written it down. But his response was appeal being denied. So I want to suggest if there is an option to interview the victim with SR admin. So that admin can be provided with a context, because there is clearly no other way I can obtain the chat.
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    So if I am to understand correctly, you are requesting a second "change of heart" appeal because disagree with the admin's assessment?
  17. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    I want some evidence to be reviewed and i want other admin to interview the victim so title Missing evidence or not enough would be more appropriate
  18. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    That's not an extenuating circumstance.
  19. Matt (: #Scammed

Steam:
    Ok, my extenuating circumstance is basicly the fact that I do not scam people I do not have any history since i started, I do not cause problems, and I want to stay legit as it was before that day -.-
  20. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    So you're just trying to use this as a 2nd appeal, because you didn't like the outcome in your 1st one, right?