1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198039522031 - (q / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by MushroomTip, May 2, 2023.

1. MushroomTip

MushroomTip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39628151
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198039522031 (q)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have no other accounts.​

Appeal description:
    I am writing to appeal my SteamRep ban, which was issued due to my participation in a tf2 scam 10 and a half years ago. I want to start by expressing my sincere regret for my past actions and the harm that I caused to the individual. I take full responsibility for my behavior and understand the gravity of what I did.

Since the incident, I have not participated in any other scams and have grown as a person during the 10 and a half years since it occurred. I assure you that throughout this time I have matured and grown into a responsible young adult. Although it is a poor excuse, I was barely a teenager (13) at the time of the scam and and was very immature. I have moved on from my childish antics.

I want to emphasize that I am truly sorry for what I did and that I am committed to never engaging in such behavior again. I understand that trust is essential on Steam and within the trading community, and I am willing to take any necessary steps to prove that I can be a trustworthy member of the community. I have learned from my past mistakes and have grown as a person since then. I am passionate about getting a second chance and having my steamrep ban lifted.

I want to also note that my initial appeal was submitted the day of my steamrep ban 3,865 days ago which was something I forgot I had done and deeply regret doing. I was very immature in my appeal and wasn't fully aware of what my actions amounted into. I lied on the appeal claiming I did nothing wrong and that was wrong of me to do so. I pretended to be a middleman with the intentions of scamming. A friend and I scammed an individual for 3 keys (I think about $7-8 worth) on a trading server for Team Fortress 2.

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal. I hope that you will consider lifting my SteamRep ban and give me a second chance.​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Unfortunately, you are only allowed one appeal; once your one appeal has been Rejected, weather it's been 1 year or 100, you are not permitted to appeal again.
    Additionally, as your story is different now then it was in your original appeal, I would be unable to grant this appeal anyway.
    Further attempted appeals may result in loss of posting privileges in the appeals section.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/#post-365906

I did not look at your case since there's nothing I can do for you about that, but I do suggest you keep your eyes open for our upcoming scammer clemency program. There's yet no timeline for it if/when it were to be released, but that might be more applicable to your specific set of circumstances.

Regards, and good luck.