1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198039891733 - (KaHre / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by KaHre, Jun 4, 2015.

1. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39813002
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198039891733 (KaHre)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Unknown
    | steam3ID: [U:1:239528482]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:119764241
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199794210
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198199794210

Appeal description:
    Here goes my case. Today, 6/3/15, I was betting on CSGOLounge.com. I went on around 11:30 PM to see that it says I have been banned on SteamRep, thus causing a ban on CSGOLounge. As a result, I check SteamRep to see what the dilemma is. I see that it says I have been banned by SteamRep. I read my ban accusation, and I was banned for impersonating a middleman, along with an account of someone that I know in real life, Tubical, or Cole. I then proceeded to check my email, which I do have an email from the day my account was reported (5/30/15) saying someone had attempted to log into my account, but I thought nothing of it at the time as whoever was attempting to guess my password would have still needed the confirmation email code either way. I have attached a screenshot of said email below. I cannot speak for my friend, as whoever hijacked my account may have convinced my friend, or may have taken my friend's account as well. I have checked my profile trades as well and it seems no items were traded or taken, I am assuming this is because of the new 7-day restriction on trading items from new computers.

Summary: Believe account may have been hijacked, do have evidence in the form of screenshot of email. No items taken from my account, but was reported for scamming. Did not participate in scamming, would like to be unbanned on SR and CSGOLounge.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear a response soon.​

Attached Files:

Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    By the way, I have changed both my Steam and email passwords since. They were both regrettably similar, which was probably not the best choice on my part.
  3. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Final thing, I will be gone at soccer camp from June 7th to June 15th. I will be unavailable until then.
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Hi. I wrote the report that got you banned.

How did you not notice the name change?

The email confirmations aren't someone "trying to guess" your password. They indicate that they already have your password, and if they got that they also probably have access to your email & hence would immediately have access to your account. You should also refresh steam guard & run thorough antivirus on your computer.

The steam guard email isn't really proof of much, as normal logins from a new computer can generate those. You should contact steam support and see if they will give you an IP history.

192.186.1.10 isn't what I would expect to see as an external IP address, but someone with more knowledge on that can correct me.

It seems rather odd that a scammer would try to use a hacked account for scamming like this. They must have known about the trade ban, otherwise they'd have taken your flip, and you can't scam with a trade locked account.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    I guess if I had checked my previous names I would have noticed the name change, although my name and whole account was normal at every point in time when I was on it. May 30th was my brother's birthday, so I wasn't necessarily on the computer very much that day, especially since I had school as well. I just got my flip today, through trading on Lounge. I got my previous knife I believe a little after this incident occurred, but I can check my trade history for confirmation on that. I do think that you have to wait a week to trade on a new device, so I assume that's why they didn't take any of my items (my knife if I had it at this point.) I don't know much about IP addresses, so I can't comment on that. I will contact steam support, hopefully they can respond. I have already run an antivirus on my computer, pretty normal scan. My account has been hacked before, if that is of any help. It's disappointing that this does halt my betting/trading career, but I'm sure you didn't mean any harm, and I would have done the same thing. If you have any advice or tips on how to improve my appeal, it would be awesome if you could let me know.

Thanks,
    Adi
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Easiest way to improve your appeal is to contact steam support and see if they can verify that you were hijacked.
  7. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Alright, I submitted a ticket. Thank you very much sir.
  8. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Now it seems as if this has gone too far. My friends account has now been banned on CSGOLounge just for being friends with me. At this point do I have to unadd all my friends so that they don't get banned?
    BTW, the info block for my friends acc is:
    | steamname: THIS IS NICK GRAFF, AJ
    | steam3ID: [U:1:200870523]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:100435261
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198161136251
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gynos
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198161136251

Thanks, Adi
  9. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    And now my brother's account has been trade banned. Is this by accounts that have the same ip when they are logged in? Because just cause my friend played at my house, and my brother lives in the same house shouldn't make them tradebanned...

| steamname: Beaner02
    | steam3ID: [U:1:255090036]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:127545018
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198215355764
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shaybean
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198215355764

Adi
  10. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    He wasn't banned for being on your friends list, likely that some form of evidence was found that he was an alt of yours.
  11. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Any chance I could see the evidence? It's not his main account, so he's not mad, but that makes me feel bad because I got him SR banned. Is it an IP connection? Because my brother's account was also SR banned. Also, he has played on my computer at my house, if that is of any help.

Thanks, Adi
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Cobalt is not SR staff, he could not show you anything anyhow.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Oh, sorry. Anyone you know that could?
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    You mentioned you made a support ticket, you have not provided it tho. If you are claiming hijack, you must show you were hijacked.
  15. KaHre

KaHre New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Sorry about that, here is a screencap of the response.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    Sorry for the very late reply. Notwithstanding, their is no evidence based on comparing/contrasting the report and what you said in this appeal to support a claim of a hijacking, as far as you were aware, you had full control over the account the entire time. And the ticket provided by you also does not indicate any actual hijacking or account recovery. And since your account otherwise did impersonate and attempt to scam, I am declining to consider the appeal. Your bro or friends will have to appeal their banned tags separately.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**