1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198040545230 - (dobi maklaer / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by aggro rockah, Dec 26, 2015.

1. aggro rockah

aggro rockah Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40139751
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198040545230 (dobi maklaer)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    This case happened many years ago and the solution was made yesterday because I've contacted admins about the hanging report, so it would be resolved.

My point of view on this situation:
    It happened almost 3 years ago. My account got stolen because of some silly .src file because it was published on my friends comment section by some random mentioning that its some screenshot related to my friend. So I downloaded it and ran it. A few minutes later I lost the access to my account.
    Later I found out that there were two reports on my name both having people selling items to me for Paypal money and its worth mentioning that both of the published cases had different Paypal emails and names, so I am not quite sure how it has done even. When my account has got reset and I got my access back I was alright with sharing my trade history information.

I don't really own any screenshots anymore besides the ones which are posted in that thread.

I am okay with "repaying" the victim's lost money if it is necessary and the banned status will be revoked.​
  2. derfy

derfy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1948671
    Hello,

How did you regain access to your Steam account? Did you open a ticket with support? If so, please login to your support account and take screenshots of the ticket, censoring personal info. Then upload it here using the 'Upload a File' button next to Post Reply.
  3. aggro rockah

Steam:
    I had it posted in that screenshot in the report post, but it has expired by now. I will need some time to find my support account.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    So you were tagged Yesterday..... and instantly decided to make an appeal while not having the documentation to back up your hijacking claim?
    The screen shot you posted here:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/screen-png.11269/
    This screen shows access attempts for months - this can happen from using any device new even your own so unless you are really really this hacking prone then I'm not sure what you would call it.
  5. aggro rockah

Steam:
    The link "rghost..." on this reply leaded to the screenshot of the steam support topic and its expired now... I am trying to resolve it now.
  6. aggro rockah

Steam:
    got it.

Attached Files:

7. aggro rockah

Steam:
    Bump, I guess?
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    placeholder
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a thorough review, no question the account scammed with paypal chargebacks and was rightfully tagged as such at the time. However, mitigating circumstances exists, mainly a claim of being hijacked that we cannot disprove at this point, for that reason and others, the appeal will be downgraded. Please note, further hijacking issues may not result in future appeals being granted due to the risk the account poses to the community at large. Additionally, If we find out you lied in the appeal, the tag will be reapplied without the possibility of another appeal.

Appeal downgraded.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**