1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198041142566 - (virtue / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Gr00t, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Gr00t

Gr00t Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40438419
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198041142566 (virtue)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    76561198059587916​

Appeal description:
    Hello, so 5 years ago I scammed a guy named "distressed" who has since changed his name to "hapmis". Last week I got into contact with him following the evidence thread he created against me and asked if I could repay him to which he accepted. He then sent me a new account he uses asking for the repayment to be sent there, which you can see him link in out chat screenshots I've attached. Here is the link to his original and new alt account.
    ORIGINAL RENAMED ACC: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136206377/
    NEW ALT ACC: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198428742105

After getting in contact with him, I bought a knife worth more than what I originally scammed and have sent it to said alt account which you can see in the attached screenshots of my trade history. He seems like he is happy with it and didn't really care about the money but cared more about someone he trusted betraying him like that.

I like to think that I have grown a lot in the past 5 years and I can't even fathom what mindset I would have had to have been in to stoop as low as scamming him. I hope I have attached all necessary screenshots and that this appeal doesn't eat up to much time in your day.

-Kind Regards, Mark. View attachment 787939 View attachment 787940 View attachment 787941 View attachment 787943

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appreciate you eventually took responsibility for your actions, others looking you up here should take that into account. However, the longer it takes to repay, the less effect it has on getting a favorable appeal outcome (4 days very different than 4 years in your case). It was also clear the attempt was premeditated, a widely common "won bunch of skins, need to borrow funds to withdraw" offense. With both these issues outstanding, I cannot consider the appeal further. If tagging policy changes (as I linked to you in our steam chat) that is your best chance for tag removal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**