1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198042715299 - (buttermxlk / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Calvin&Hobbes, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Calvin&Hobbes

Calvin&Hobbes Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41224785
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198042715299 (buttermxlk)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    notbuttermxlk​

Appeal description:
    So this ban is from over a decade ago. I used to play a lot of tf2 back then and I remember getting scammed out of one of my unusuals. I think the person who scammed me also used my account to try and scam others. I assure you I have never scammed or sent phishing links which is what the reason for my ban is. Tbh I stopped playing pretty soon after I lost my unusual hat so I never appealed the ban back then. It was so long ago now so I don't have any evidence or anything to show you. I'm hoping we can talk and maybe you'll believe me. Anyways its a shot in the dark. I'm looking to trade on marketplace.tf and backpack.tf because now Im older and have money to buy and trade cool items. Hopefully you can accept my appeal but I understand its a long shot after 11 years. Hope to hear back soon whether you accept it or not. Cheers!​
  2. Calvin&Hobbes

Steam:
    My bad it seems like I did try to appeal this way back in 2013 but it took months to get a response and I never got myself unbanned. Im going to link the same screenshots I linked back then and show you that I was indeed marked as hijacked by you guys. My name was different back then but I appealed and got responded to so long after i submitted that I forgot. Please remove my ban.

Attached Files:

3. Calvin&Hobbes

Steam:
    It took months for a reply and then over 2 years for it to be closed. I had long forgot about it at that point because I had given up on getting it resolved. I'm playing the game again now and want to trade again. Please dont take too long.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hello,
    If you are claiming a hijack, you must include the following
    1. Exact dates (or as close as you can) of when you lost and when you recovered your account.
    2. Inventory history two weeks prior through two weeks after a claim of hijacking.
    3. A support ticket indicating you were hijacked. (ticket above does not meet screenshot/evidence policy listed in appeals section)

You have two weeks to provide the requested info.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeal denied for insufficient evidence to overturn original admins decision.