1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198043561686 - (Epitaph / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Epitaph, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Epitaph

Epitaph Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41647979
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198043561686 (Epitaph)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    So one day one of my friends said he is selling his heavy hat for 12 keys or something really cheap. So seeing that I did not have any rare item at the time I was willing you get it! So he said "Yeah I will be getting it soon". At this point in time I was excited and happy about getting my first RARE hat. I did my research on it etc. I saw it had a s✿✿✿ effect. But I still wanted it real bad. So, then I found the Unusual Trade servers etc. I started to advertise the hat seeing that it was gonna be hard to sell and a crap effect. I was looking for a medic hat. I saw someone called {THAT} Flying Pedo Bear which was selling Nuts and Bolts Medic Mirror. I was determined to get it. So I told him that I would be getting that hat very soon seeing my friend said that. So I talked to him and I said, "I'm getting the hat very soon, so if you wanna trade the hat now it would be great". And after that he started to troll me and saying the trade was not working etc. And I got flagged for attempted Scam. In this point it time I was not thinking to steal it. Coming as a first timer to get a Unusual I did not want to make a fool of my self. I was not trying to scam him, I've had a clean record. I will not do this again. I understood where he was coming from and why he did not want to trade it to me. Since then I've not spoken to my friend who has offered me the Heavy hat nor the Victim. I'm sorry for what I did to him.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198043561686-hobo-dr-cursed.8577/
    (I've change names)
    Epitaph​
  2. Epitaph

Steam:
    Just to ask, when will my appeal be reviewed. Yes I know theres a back log, but there people above me that had there ones reviewed.
  3. Epitaph

Steam:
    • New traders: New traders who are unaware of SteamRep will not receive penalties to their reputations, but will receive a one-time warning.
    Got this off the FAQ which at the time I was new to trading community and was not aware of SteamRep.
  4. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, I apologise for the extreme delay in responding. I am starting to look into some older appeals. Please bear with us.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.
    You're free to appeal the caution.
    Best of luck!