1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198043978167 - (cum / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Orozco, May 7, 2020.

1. Orozco

Orozco Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41856219
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198043978167 (cum)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I only have that one account.​

Appeal description:
    I recently started playing Counter Strike again due to the popularity of Valorant and warzone. I have only traded with cs.money bots after seeing big streamers get sponsorships from them and don't know who would report me for extortion. I have never been banned for anything on my steam account of 9 years, and I can confidently say I doubt I have many reports on file. Prior to my current counter strike crave, I used to trade on tf2 outpost and exchange websites when I was younger and have plenty of +reps on my steam account. I did have an uncomfortable conversation on steam with a person that was kicked from my CSGO match for flaming and then proceeded to add me and threatened I would get banned. I also noticed while I was submitting this appeal that on my steam rep page it had another steam account registered as an alternate. The person registered is an old TF2 friend I met in 2012. I noticed he was banned and I hope I didn't get banned due to association. If there is any way to correct that information, I would greatly appreciate it. I hope this can get resolved because I would love to continue trading and playing on CSGO without having everyone think I'm malicious and that they can't even message me. Not being able to interact with teams and friends on steam has me way more worried than my inventory or trading. During the quarantine being able to trade and game with friends and new people on steam has been extremely fun. Also, I don't have much to upload because I primarily get items from cs.money bots or buy directly from the steam market. Thank you so much for the help and I hope to hear back from you soon!​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    More details please. As much as you can.
  3. Orozco

Steam:
    In 2011 I went to a summer camp called ID Tech at a local university and met Vincent P who introduced me to steam and tf2. He was a couple of years older than me and helped me with my C++ code and got me into gaming. We played together on a highlander team through 2012. We kept in touch through 2012 until I stopped playing competitive TF2 and moved onto League of Legends. I haven't had any contact with him since and don't have him added on anything. I recently saw his appeal request and noticed he called me his brother... I have no idea why he called me his brother and why he would put my account as an alternate. I was in middle school the last time I had any contact with him. It's frustrating because we don't play the same games, we don't have each other added on steam and I'm 20 years old and only remember him from a summer camp when I was in middle school. Vincent P is a known scammer and account hacker. I cut connections with him because I spoiled the ending of Bioshock Infinite as a joke and he sent me steam links to websites trying to get my account information. I would be happy to provide screenshots, but I don't actually know how to check old dms from 2012~2013. He is way more into trading hence his extremely packed inventory filled with TF2 rare items and CSGO items. Like I mentioned before, I did trade in TF2 but I never had more than a couple hundred dollars on my account. I think my inventory now is more packed than its ever been. I could link my op.gg league of legends page or show the difference in steam hours between both accounts. My account is clearly not an alternative because I own 200+ games and have hundreds of hours logged in other games like Street Fighter and Dark Souls. I asked a friend for help identifying him and I have his socials to show that he is a separate person from myself. Our friend lists are completely different, we live in different areas of FL.
    Probably the best evidence that I have is that we had a group called WHAT DOES IT MEAN which was the name of our TF2 team. On this team all the positions are outlines and it clearly shows that he and I alternated between medic roles and soldiers. I attached a screenshot below and if the group is still up with comments from him. He even responded to my message asking if he could be the medic on the team. The dates on the post suggest that my timeline is correct because the posts are from 2012. I really can't think of anything else to add but I'd be happy to answer any more questions you might have. Capture.PNG
  4. Orozco

Steam:

Attached Files:

5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You may add me on steam to discuss.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    After reviewing the evidence on file, along with some new information, and discussing your case with the admin who issued your ban, I do not believe you are an alt.

I do want to caution you against working with scammers, however. While we do not tag for trading with scammers anymore, working with or helping scammers can still affect your reputation. While you claim they're a "TF2 friend", it seems the scammer felt you were close enough to name you as their "brother" when appealing, and although scammers are known for lying, that they named you in particular here casts a lot of suspicion about your dealings with them. But since I have no further evidence of you collaborating with a scammer, or otherwise committing fraud, your ban has been completely lifted.