1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198044907142 - (xXxBigPersonaletyxXx / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by The pony-man, Nov 2, 2018.

1. The pony-man

The pony-man Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42320707
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198044907142 (xXxBigPersonaletyxXx)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:
    Literary none​

Appeal description:
    Applying under rule 11 "
    • Unfair or mishandled appeal (admin violated SteamRep policy)."
    Admins haven't gave me chance to speak for myself.
    I have read your "tips and tricks" multiple times now and i have something to say.
    First of all my "complains" to Administrators judgemnt
    1) First of all...
    Sorry for any foul language i have "posted" on this website, even if it wasn't directed at anyone i and my brother were small and dumb and shouldn't have had access to computer in the first place, but time goes people grow up and understand certain things.
    2) Second
    No one considered that this was a scam attempt, not even a full scam which is in my head is still pretty bad but not as bad as an actual scam.
    3) Third
    I been telling the truth all this time, and haven't told a single lie, no one took that into consideration.
    4) Fourth
    Not telling reason why appeal is declined. I looked thru archives and for most of "archived" and "rejected" appeals admins have answered something the lines of "according to our guide lines ... we decline your appeal" maybe not word in word reply but something similar.
    Now first time admin said
    "Firmly denied.
    You are responsible for your account at all times, that is Valves stance and that is SRs stance."
    First of all i didn't said that i wasn't responsible for it, since someone else did the actual scamming, i said that i took all necessary action to prevent scamming of this sort happening from my account.
    Now i have read these tips and tricks of yours and i made everything possible to contact and repay the victim, even tho no scam happened. (Why? Cause in your tips and tricks it said that if you haven't repaid your chance of appeal is very slick, so i did just that)
    5) Fifth and last
    This scam attempt happened in 2014, 4 years ago. And even then pretty sure i had just a caution tag on my prof since i used trading and community servers just fine. And pretty sure the only reason that since 4 years admins decided to take a look on mine scam report is because i was trying to be a good guy and reported a scammer (https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198312343897-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.184574/), Now i know how hypocritical that sounds but if that fact doesnt prove "change of heart" then i don't know what.
    Since i haven't even thought that admins when looking at my report would see some sort of "weird thing" with my proffile status.
    Would i report same guy if i knew that this would get me banned?
    Probably yes, since at that moment that guy with his tricky new type of scam just pissed me off to the point where i wanted him banned from everywhere so that no one would get scammed by his bs.
    And to end this loooong talk, i will repeat my self... this happened very long ago... Lot of things changed, i been scamed, i know how shitty of a feeling it is, i no longer want to be one of them.
    Like... I genuinely want to benefit community by reporting scammers that attempt to scam me. I participate in some small charatise, i find it fun helping newcomers.​

Attached Files:

2. The pony-man

Steam:
    Add on, NOT BUMP, since posted nearly few minutes apart.
    Forgot to add seconds screenshot
    PS:
    If you dissagree with any point, please do tell me why i am wrong, but let me defened my self first and not locking up the thread.
  3. The pony-man

Steam:
    Damn... file size was to large. Had to lower res. sorry

Attached Files:

4. j58

j58 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:421875002
    In your last offense you lied and said your account was abused, now you say it was you that committed the offense?
    You were also told by staff: "Appealed and denied, further appeal attempts will result in loss of posting privileges in this section."
  5. The pony-man

Steam:
    Well i said my account was abused, yes.
    But since rule 19 exists i must take responsibility for their action in my account
    I posted appelea according to rule 11
    • Unfair or mishandled appeal (admin violated SteamRep policy).
    You can read why i think this rule was violated in original post.
    And telling someone to "never post here ever again" and then locking up thread and not letting me state my defence that might change something is wrong!
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Since you ignored the last appeals response you've now lost posting privileges in this section.