1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198045239347 - (idiot / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by murgan freman, Nov 12, 2019.

1. murgan freman

murgan freman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42486809
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198045239347 (idiot)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have an account with the username of 210bonjor, I used this to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Rocket League a couple years ago because I wanted to reset my ELO on both games.

| steamname: chunk
    | steam3ID: [U:1:288366110]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:144183055
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198248631838
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/210bonjor
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198248631838

Appeal description:
    First off I want to let you know that I take full responsibility for these scam attempts, and I deserved everything that came to me afterward. In 2013 I began trading on steam. I was using websites such as CSGO Lounge and TF2 Lounge. I was around 12 years old when this began, I remember waking up every day and being so excited to hop on my computer and make more profit trading lower tier items all the way up and getting items worth some serious money. Along my way, of course, I was met with scammers. And me being so young and naive, I was probably scammed of everything valuable I owned at least 4 times over, in multiple games. I couldn't really understand how people who seemed so genuine over chat turned into thieves and liars in an instant, saying some cheeky remark before blocking me on steam and everywhere else they had me added, only for me to realize what just happened and be able to do absolutely nothing about it. This never really stuck to me, and I carried along trading seeing it as a setback, and being more cautious when trading in the future. Then it happened one last time. I was scammed through a PayPal invoice of my brand new AWP | Asiimov (field-tested) that I had just acquired through trading my way up from a couple of keys in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I couldn't take it anymore. I cried myself to sleep that night, thinking about how much time and effort I put into that skin just to have it taken away from me with the click of a button. I couldn't believe someone could sleep well after doing that to another person. I cracked after that, and all I ever thought was, "I don't care about anyone else because they don't care about me," and I began scamming. I looked up how to watch out for the popular scams at the time, and began crafting my own tricks to steal from others. I would spam ads on the front page of these trading websites, trying to lure someone in with my veteran looking layout on the trade page, trying to talk people into trusting me. And of course I was around 15 years old around this point, I didn't understand how everyone could tell instantly that it was a scam right when I explained to them how it would go down. I was blinded by my own craving for revenge, and I was still very naive. A couple more tries, and someone decided to put an end to my mediocre scam attempts and reported me. I was banned on SteamRep, and I didnt know what to do with my life. All I ever did for the past years was play video games that I could trade on, and with a ban on SteamRep, I was unable to trade with anyone at all. I began gambling on CS:GO coin flip and roulette websites, and made some serious money. Now that there was this "middleman" a steamrep ban didn't matter because no one checked my account ever. I was addicted to gambling at 16 years old. This turned very toxic, very quickly. I began spending almost all of my own money, as well as some of my parents money behind their backs just to get base items to gamble away. In the end, my steam inventory was worth around $7,600 USD. I woke up every morning and got on the computer and dealt with an enormous amount of money every single day. I would bet $1000 on one coin flip sometimes. I didn't grasp the reality of the situation, and one day I went all in. I bet around $7,300 worth of CS:GO skins on a single coin flip and lost. This was when my life pretty much changed, and although I did net around $200 in the end, I was severely depressed for around a month, always thinking that I exist to fail and to mess everything up until I realized I was making myself sad by doing this, and I broke out of the loop. My life has thankfully gotten much better, and I'm now going to be 19 years old in February, and I'm going to college and I have a steady job serving tables, and I enjoy playing video games like League of Legends and Rocket League in my free time. I went to open up TF2 today for the first time in around 4 years, and saw I still had some trading currency left in my inventory, so I took a trip down memory road and inspected my inventory and went onto TF2 Lounge to see if I could trade any of my Refined Metal to maybe score some cool new gear that I haven't seen before, and I was unable to log into TF2Lounge because I am banned on SteamRep. I wanted to share with you my story with the hopes that It would convince you I am a changed person, and have done my sentence, and It turned out to be a little longer than I thought, so I apologize for that. If you even read through this whole thing, I would be surprised. If you did though, thanks for taking the time to actually listen to what I have to say, and I hope that there is something that can be done to remove the ban on this account so I can log into TF2 Lounge to trade the last of my items away. :D
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -SR, by policy, does not grant RWC (real world currency) related offense. Auto deny reason.
    Appeal denied.