1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198045729758 - (Moo / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Yeetmachin <3, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Yeetmachin <3

Yeetmachin <3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42732015
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198045729758 (Moo)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and the admin told me to appeal again at a later date

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Moo
    | steam3ID: [U:1:348477020]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:174238510
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198308742748
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MooHamEd789
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198308742748

Appeal description:
    Nearly two years ago I made a stupid mistake in an attempt to make some quick cash. Initially, my intentions were good and I genuinely wanted to trade with the guy, however, when I saw the money go into my PayPal it was like a different, much worse, version of myself took over and blocked the guy. Noticing the consequences, and along with the guilt, I refunded the money and apologised deeply, even begged for the guy to close the SteamRep case, but it didn't work whatsoever.

For the past year, I have had a break from PC Gaming, as I had important exams and I needed to knuckle down. Now, I am a university student and have plenty of free time on my hands and I have started to get back into gaming. Working my way back up the ranks, it has become apparent that I want to begin trading again. I entered a couple of trading forums and started advertising my items; not to much surprise, people were very reluctant to trade with someone that once attempted to steal money from an innocent trader. This is the hardest part, convincing people that I am now innocent and have changed my ways, and that is what I am trying to portray to you today.

I can apologise and promise all day long however I know that means nothing. All I can do is give you my honest word in that I have in fact changed for the better and hope that you believe me. I am writing to you today to ask for you to remove/downgrade my current status on Steam Rep. I remember when I used to trade before the ban, I would personally never trade with people that had a SteamRep ban because I knew it was too risky and not worth it. However, if someone that had an SR caution offered me a trade then I would often trust the fact that the people behind SR trust him enough to offer him just a caution and therefore I would be prepared to trade with him/her. Therefore, if my status is changed, I am hoping that the same applies to other people and the amount of traffic I get from people enquiring trades increases.

I am prepared to do anything in order to retain my previous trading capabilities and I genuinely hope that you see the willingness merely from my appeal. At the end of the day, it all comes down to whether you guys believe I am still a threat to the trading community and I respect the decision you make.

Thanks,
    Moo​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691