1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198050097590 - (Origami / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hogglestop [OS], Sep 13, 2022.

1. Hogglestop [OS]

Hogglestop [OS] Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44915931
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198050097590 (Origami)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    | steamname: THROB
    | steam3ID: [U:1:230279827]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:115139913
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198190545555
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198190545555

Appeal description:
    Sometime in September 2012, an old friend of mine and I thought it would be a smart idea to scam someone for an unusual hat in Team Fortress 2. We were around 13 and 14 at the time (I am 24 now), and ever since this happened it has haunted me for almost a decade now. I still remember the guilt I felt after recieving the hat, and how much I regretted it. Thankfully, Steam eventually returned the hat to its rightful owner (probably thanks to SteamRep), and I'm grateful that the pain I caused that person was resolved. However, I still get a constant reminder of what we did anytime I try to use sites like https://csgofloat.com/ as they don't allow me to look at my inventory to see how my current CSGO skins compare to others like them in the world with a SteamRep ban. I haven't used any trading sites in years, even on my alternate account, and was hoping that there was an exception to be made for someone like me who made an idiotic mistake as a child, especially being so long ago. I would be ecstatic at the chance to have a clean reputation again for peace of mind as well as the ability to go on csgofloat without issues. Thank you for reading, and I hope we can work something out! -Shawn​
  2. Hogglestop [OS]

Hogglestop [OS] Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44915931
    Upon looking in to similar appeals I understand that this mark will most likely be permanent, and that I was only allowed one appeal to begin with. I also understand that if someone with a lifted SR ban were to start trading again the person they trade with should have knowledge of their previous actions, but this is not the reason I'm requesting the mark to be removed. I have had an entire decade to potentially scam people using another account, but I have not done so. This was the one and only time I have stolen anything in my life, and for what it's worth I openly admitted to the scam and apologized to the victim. If this ban can not be removed I have questions. Will it ever be? Is there some amount of time that can pass to warrant the mark being removed? If not, I apologize for wasting the time of the person reading this, and can only hope that in the future your policies change for cases like mine.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, further appeal attempts will result in loss of posting privileges in the appeals section.

Sidenote; I did drop the profile fakerep offense since we do not tag for it anymore.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**