1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198050101876 - (The Best in the Business / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by The Best In The Business, Jun 23, 2015.

1. The Best In The Business

The Best In The Business Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44918074
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198050101876 (The Best in the Business)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and the admin told me to appeal again at a later date

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I am not innocent of the "painting hat" scam that I was banned for, according to my SteamRep profile. It has been almost 3 and a half years since then, and I have learned from my mistakes. It was foolish of me to think that the community would not respond to my fraud, and even though I only did the scam once and it did not succeed, I still did it anyway. I am simply here to play Team Fortress 2 again, to trade with other people in an easy way through the use of sites such as TF2 Outpost, etc.

I see the error in my ways and after much time, have realized that it is not ok to con people. After being scammed myself in numerous other games after this incident, I now know that it is pointless to do such things.

I had made an appeal earlier on, however this appeal was rejected and the admin in question asked for me to wait 5 months before submitting a new one. I did not re-apply after 5 months as I simply had lost interest in the gaming world and had to focus on real life. Now I can get back into it, and I would appreciate if this ban was lifted.

I also did not scam the victim of any items, but approached him in private and gave him a personal apology. I do not have any screenshots or transcripts of this due to the fact that it was done about 3 years ago.

All in all, my ban was given out rightly and I deserved it - 3 years ago. However, at this point in time, I feel that the ban does not serve a purpose and simply does not represent me. Not only does it hurt my reputation as a trader, but it hurts my reputation as a player and a person. Hopefully you see this the same way that I do.

Thanks in advance.​
  2. The Best In The Business

Steam:
    Can this be checked out please? I know the rules against bumping and I appreciate that you are busy and taking the time to review these, but this appeal has been sitting here for almost 6 months. I would like some closure on it if at all possible. Again, sorry for the bumping, but I feel as if it is necessary in order to get this processed.
  3. The Best In The Business

Steam:
    Hey guys, it's been 4 more months since the last bump. Sorry if I'm getting impatient, but I would really appreciate if a quick response could be given. Thanks.
  4. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Given the length of time this appeal has been sitting without a reply, the lack of reports against your account in the time since you have been tagged, and the remorse demonstrated here, I am downgrading your tag to a caution. Be aware that you have been given an exceedingly rare second chance and if any further evidence comes to light or you are reported again in future, you may be retagged without the possibility of appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**