1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198051358894 - (G3n / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BanterWaifu TZ, Jul 23, 2022.

1. BanterWaifu TZ

BanterWaifu TZ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45546583
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198051358894 (G3n)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No alt accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hi there, So I was banned in 2019 from an incident regarding a scam in 2013. (A bill's hat back in the day valued at around 8-9 keys). Bearing in mind however I was a dumb young kid at the same aged around 13-14 I let my greed take the better hold of my judgement and sadly I betrayed a close friend of mine for a virtual item that was not worth breaking the bond over, however my young idiotic self thought other wise and still decided to go through with what I did without seeing the repercussions of my actions.

I took a major break from the game late 2014 and was then later inactive for quite some time (2014-late 2020) and whilst I was away from the platform I was banned in 2019.

I have made an appeal before and clearly the way I worded things showed to the viewer of the thread clear no change of heart intent, which isn't the case, as tf2 currently stands in this day in age, matchmaking is impossible to get into normally with 8/10 games being full of bots. that said there was a small gateway of getting out of constant bot infested lobbies with community servers. Sadly for myself though a majority of these servers instantly ban SR marked users from entering even their normal servers for safety reasons. which I totally understand with, and will try to appeal for if I manage to get appealed for my SR ban to be removed.

So with that being said, I can't join normal matchmaking because of the bot crisis and I can only join around 0.05% of the community servers due to me being SR banned and this is leading to the game being barely playable for me and is sadly ruining my core experience of the game.

Now I understand to whoever mod/admin/viewer reads this appeal and probably thinks to themselves "Oh it's another scammer trying to weasel their way out of their punishment they so right deserve". This is not the case, I'm a grown adult now and I've dwelled on my past over the recent time of coming back to team fortress and genuinely regret the actions I did as a kid. Not only was it selfish, malicious and downright disgusting. But it also cost me a friend that I knew for a decently long time, I'll most likely never hear from them again let alone gain their trust anymore and that is my burden to bare with.

To the victim if you ever manage to see this appeal:
    I'm terribly sorry for what I caused you, not only did I cause you distress but I must've also cost you putting trust into others, you didn't deserve to have what happened to you happen and if I were able to turn back time I would make sure things would've never happened the way they did. I hope one day you do manage to forgive me in a sense. I hope you're still around on steam playing games and being the funny little self you were when I once knew you and I hope you're in good health. Yet again I'm sorry for what I did to you.

In summary of the appeal, I'd hope that the steam rep community can overlook my stupid acts back in 2013 and can consider me a changed person and a better person with the time that I've grown. I don't wish to recreate the stress and anxiety that I once caused a dear friend of mine. I hope whoever reading this is also well and I hope to hear back from you shortly

Regards, G3n.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, further appeal attempts will result in loss of posting privileges in the appeals section.