1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198051810501 - (HEADEXPLODER9000 / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by HEADEXPLODER9000, Apr 21, 2023.

1. HEADEXPLODER9000

HEADEXPLODER9000 Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45772386
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198051810501 (HEADEXPLODER9000)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    This is my only steam account​

Appeal description:
    I have been meaning to appeal the caution tag on my profile for a long time. This attempted scam took place in April 2012 when I was 11 years old. At the time I had just been scratching the surface of the trading scene and had no idea what I was doing (I still don't but that's ok because I haven't traded since ~2013). I would spend most of my days on TF2 just deathmatching on trade servers and making friends with people on the server. One of my Steam friends I met from these servers at the time http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045019664 (orange fanta) approached me to be the middleman for a "trade" with http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198034979567 (blaster).

I was never told that this would be a scam and agreed to be the middleman. I was told by my "friend" that once I received the items, to send them to him after he sent money to the owner of the items.

While looking over all the threads which relate to this appeal, I noticed that the scammer actually attempted to appeal their reputation a year later and blame me for everything: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198045019664-sr-caution-nk-inc.27403/

However, through the 3 imgur pictures linked in the original report thread, it is very obvious that the scammer (orange fanta) was the one that was actually talking to the potential victim and attempting the scam, not me (alca pwnage). I'll link the imgur pictures below for ease of access. They can also be found on the original report thread:

http://i.imgur.com/jKwzr.png
    http://i.imgur.com/njZyE.png
    http://i.imgur.com/qjjRG.png

Back then I was naive and should've taken the time to understand what orange fanta was really trying to do. However, I was very young at the time and just believed that I was helping a friend make a trade. I wasn't told which items were being traded beforehand or how much orange fanta would be paying the potential victim. The only thing I knew about the trade was to take the items from the potential victim and to give them to the scammer (orange fanta) after he had confirmed that he made a payment.

I'm appealing because I believe that the caution tag on my profile does not accurately depict who I am now or what I've done in the past. I was very young at the time and believe that I was being taken advantage of by someone on the internet to try and help scam someone from their items.

Thanks​
  2. HEADEXPLODER9000

Steam:
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Do you have any supporting evidence to this? Or in that case, any supporting evidence aka chats with your scammer friend at the time showing you were innocent or taken advantage of?
    Actually it does depict what you did in the past and are lucky you do not have a banned tag.
  4. HEADEXPLODER9000

Steam:
    I unfortunately don't have any supporting evidence, this took place in 2012 and orange fanta removed me from his friends list a year later to support his appeal.

I agree I was the accessory to orange fanta's attempted scam but at the time when the scam was taking place, I genuinely did not know what he was attempting to do and I would have benefitted nothing from it.

At the very least, now that I'm much older, I'm more aware of things like this and it definitely won't happen again in any capacity. I don't even trade anymore and just want to set the story straight.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    You said you knew about the tag previously, but you did not attempt to appeal it sooner, 1. how long ago? 2. why? 3. why now?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. HEADEXPLODER9000

Steam:
    I learned about the tag back some time in ~2013 when I was trying to buy a game key from a trader. It was a 4x game key bundle (I think it was Garry’s mod but I'm not sure) where they had to trade me the bundle, I claim one of the keys, and send the bundle back to them. They made note of my steamrep status but decided to trust me anyways. After I made the trade, got my game key, and sent the game bundle back I hopped on steamrep to look at my profile.

I didn’t make an appeal back then because I honestly didn’t know I could make an appeal at the time so the thought of making one didn’t cross my mind until recently. I essentially just wanted to repress the memory of it because the thought of the whole situation was very cringey to me. I just opened up steamrep, saw my caution tag, and closed the website.

I remembered everything recently and hopped on steamrep, logged in and read through the original report thread and looked at my profile. I noticed under the caution take there was actually the option to make an appeal so I decided to finally make one. This is my only steam account, and aside from that one incident I’ve never been involved with anything of that nature. I plan to use this account for the years to come and even though I don’t trade, I just want my rep to be clean. It also bothers me that I had good intentions and tried to help a friend when I was very young but ended up being taken advantage of. So I decided to make an appeal and finally try and make my case.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    You concede to being an accessory and do not have any additional supporting documentation showing your claim of being tricked/taken advantage of. Seeing you only received a CAUTION for the offense, a tag for a scam attempt 95 of 100 times results in a banned tag, I find it well warranted and declining to consider the case further.

Regards.