1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198053917008 - (☆Jolt☆ / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ☆Jolt☆, Jan 11, 2020.

1. ☆Jolt☆

☆Jolt☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46825640
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198053917008 (☆Jolt☆)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hello, to preface, I have read the READ ME appeal guide and I understand that this appeal is mostly in the "guessing about it" area.
    additional info (mostly restating above):
    This is my only account, I do not have any other steam accounts.
    I believe I'm innocent due to the offences being committed by a Hijacker.
    This is my first appeal.

So Here's my story:
    Back in 2013 during the Team Fortress 2 Halloween event, I got phished. I think it I got the message from a steam friend user's account asking if a item he had interested me, It was a link to what seemed to be a steam page. I was only 15 so my knowledge of scams was not there so I entered my login.
    When I realized i was duped I went to the steam support ticketing to get my account frozen. I guess I wasn't fast enough to avoid the bot hijacker from spreading phish links to others.

Anyways since my ban and account recovery, not much has changed really. I'm not much of a trader but I do enjoy playing on trade servers one or twice a year and when I do, the server shows of to everyone that i'm a "SCAMMER" which isn't great for my reputation.

Honestly the only reason i'm appealing is that i can use scrap.tf and other related sites again so I can get a "pain train" item without asking on casual servers if anyone had a spare.
    I have no evidence of my ticket , I don't know if it's gone due to time or that I can't figure out the current steam support page. If ticket pages do last forever, please tell my how to see it again so I can submit it as... don't really know if it counts as evidence but just something to prove that I did go through the process of fixing my mistake.

In conclusion, maybe time alone isn't enough to be cleared, but i'm much more aware of the threat of phishing sites, after all i'm 22 now.
    Thank you for your time, if there's any questions or ways I could prove that my account is safe i'll be glad to hear it.​
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Make a new ticket and try to see if they (Steam Support) can confirm that happened.
    Please upload screenshots of inventory history one week prior to your hijack until one week after you recovered your account.
  3. ☆Jolt☆

☆Jolt☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46825640
    Ok, I'll see what I can do. not sure how I'm going to get my inventory from all they way back then though.
  4. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Any news? Giving you 14 days to provide what I asked.
  5. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Since you are unable to show you were actually hijacked and recovered your account, the appeal cannot be granted.
    If you do however find proof ( screenshots of Steam Support Ticket/s) and provide it, you may submit a new appeal.
    Appeal denied.