1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198058595785 - (Bounty / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49165028
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198058595785 (Bounty)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I Do Not Use Other Accounts​

Appeal description:
    Well lets start out with me joining a random trade server with some friends to try to get an unusual for 15 keys i had at the time so i had an idea to mess with one of my friends and i had an idea to rename a haunted Scottish snarl to "Unusual Scottish Snarl" as a joke to fool my friends into thinking i got one of the "Rarest Items In The Game" for only 2 keys well they didn't fall for it becuase they didn't see my name trade in the chat so i just went on with the game of killing the red team and suddenly i get about 3 or 4 trade requests and all of them where asking how much for the Unusual for the first few i said its fake and after the last kid traded me i said "whats the worst that could happen if i give him this hat, so he proceeded to give me about 12-14 Items Ranging from craft hats to a few regular weapons so i accepted the deal with the kid and he was happy about the deal, Intill he realized that it was a fake hat in which i left the server feeling great about myself, Telling my friends about it, But now i have started to play tf2 alot more now and its hard to trade people becuase i have the big red [SCAMMER] Tag on me at all times and i have realized what i did was wrong i was only 12 at the time and just messed around alot and didnt really care about what happened, i was just trying to be the very best, but now that i have matured and started to play a little bit more i realized what i did was a stupid mistake on my part, Thats About All i ave to say about the situation, If You Have Any questions feel free to ask me!​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I dont see any evidence of a "joke"
  3. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

Steam:
    This Was 4 Years Ago Im Going To Be Honest I Dont Have Evidence Of Anything I Have Had 3 Different Computers In The Past 4 Years
  4. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

Steam:
    Like i said this was 6 years ago. the only evidence that they had is that i had a hat that was renamed, no evidence of scamming or anything. the only thing that was said in the report on me was him explaining without evidence of any of that happening, the only thing he had was 2 pics of me wearing my hat, no evidence of me trying to sell it
  5. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

Steam:
    Description:
    He started to attempt scam before I got on a trade server with him. People were randomly trading with him so they can have fun with him. He tried to attempt a scam by renaming a Haunted Scottish Snarl to a Unusual Scottish Snarl by name tag. But people were obviously not that stupid. I didn't get many screenshots of him and he barely even talked while trading with him. Then a admin came on and banned him from the server for reason (scamming/idiot). I want to warn people to look out for this guy because there is no such thing as a Unusual Scottish Snarl. He is also young too. Maybe around 10-12 years old.
    Screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/pmKY3http://imgur.com/6Z9EZ

that is the screenshots of my hat, no evidence of me trying to sell said item, an no evidence of people trying to trade me or screenshots of chat
  6. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

Steam:
    and another thing he says is "he started to attempt scam before i got on a trade server with him" how would you know i was attempt scamming if you where not on the server
  7. ✗OTS✗ FaZe Trackem

Steam:
    2 years and this isnt resolved can we please get this over with its been going on for long enough
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    You received a timely reply, you did not explain your "joke"
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I will drop the tag to a caution.
    -Their is no evidence of a joke that I saw in the report nor did the tagging admin think their was either.
    -You did not explain in this appeal what the "joke" was or provide proof that it was a joke.
    -Any reasonable person would assume it was a scam attempt, therefor you were correctly tagged.

Saying all that, the evidence provided back then would not hold up to today's evidence standards at SR. I have no choice but to drop it to a caution, If not for that, I would have denied the appeal.

I would personally suggest you submit a defunct/legacy community tag appeal from your SR profile for the MCT banned tag you have.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**