1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198067924040 - (AdamB / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by AdamB - HELP ME???, Sep 16, 2016.

1. AdamB - HELP ME???

AdamB - HELP ME??? Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53829156
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198067924040 (AdamB)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I talked to the guy after, he realised it was actually mistake, like i already said but u still banned me... Amazing job guys :)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    What was the mistake? please explain in detail.

Yes, we do an amazing job making sure trash scammers are flagged for others to avoid at all costs, ty for the compliment :cool:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
    Well the mistaske was i didn't try to scam him, he said it too? ( the comment dissapeard? ) If i give him my dota 2 stuff and he trades it for that item for me, how is that a scam? Only i could get scammed here by trusting others lol. Doesn't make sense for me
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have not explained anything in detail about what happened. If you do not provide details, I have nothing to go on other then the report. Last chance to add to your appeal.
  5. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
    If the guy that "i tried to scam" said it wasn't a scam and it was a mistake isn't enough? Okay.

So, one guy has the item i need he blocked me i didn't know how to concact him so i randomly searched trough my friendlist for help. I asked the guy (which comment u deleted i believe) if he can add him for me and trade with him for me without saying my name. I told him im gonna give him MY dota 2 stuff so he doesn't have to trade anything from his invenory. He still thought it's a scam and he was afraid and he stopped "helping" and reported me. I clearly said in the screenshot in the thread where am i reported that i'll give my stuff. I've never asked him to trade something from his inventory, and i didn't steal anything. I talked with him after he said hes feeling bad beacuse he reported me and you guys accepted the report so fast, he didn't know whats going on because they are a lot of scammers today. We acutally became friends, lol... He told you guys that he misunderstood, he'll do it again if needed. I hope so i explained good, if you need anything else im here.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Why did you not just say that to begin with? finally some progress.
    (moving to correct section)
  7. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
    Im sorry i didn't understand you. Why didn't i begin with what?
  8. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  10. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
    I am really sorry, didn't know that...
  11. AdamB - HELP ME???

Steam:
    I just wanna say if there is anything i can give you as a proof, just name it, im really not guilty at all as i said already...
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    you can add me on steam to discuss.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    placeholder
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review and consultation with other staff, a defacto alt determination has been made with you and the account 76561198039252996 You fully admit it was/is your account. This account has been listed to your SR profile as an alt.
    Additionally, I find that in your specific tagging, an attempted glimmer drop scam did occur, not only did it look like a textbook glimmer drop scam but you have/had control over the other account or intimately knew who did at the time.
    I also find you lied/lied by omission about the account 76561198039252996 being related/associated with you and failing to disclose it in your appeal especially since it was central to the report/case.
    And finally, the account 76561198039252996 has additional reports against it for glimmer drop scams, just like the report against this account.

Firmly denied.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020