1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198069435948 - (Nanna / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by G_Hacker, Jan 17, 2022.

1. G_Hacker

G_Hacker Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54585110
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198069435948 (Nanna)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have any other alternate accounts​

Appeal description:
    I am appealing a decision made in 2013 that ultimately resulted in me quitting tf2 because of the multiple restrictions I accumulated on the servers I was mostly spending my time on. Recently I reignited my passion for the game and decided to give it another go. I am appealing with the request I am cleared of any bans I have been subjected too because of the vast period of time that I served and also because the punishment was too severe for the "crime".
    Back in 2013 I was but a child with no experience or knowledge in trading or special items like unusuals. I came into possession of a haunted item for which I over paid thinking it is extremely rear because of the title it came with "Haunted". Up to that point I had encountered 1 Haunted item which I got from my very first trade and many players with unusuals. So in my mind the haunted item>unusuals.
    I encountered Tony Barreta, an admin who did not bother to explain any of the concept of trading and used difficult terms to understand from a beginner point of view(me at the time with literary under 100 hours of TF2 at the time) such as "Buds", keys and other stuff like that. I understand at the time it was my fault for being misinformed and making up prices for my item however I believe Tony Barretta the admin who banned me, suspected I was new to the game and decided to continue the discussion regarding the offer with a child when any other person who would have taken the trade seriously would have declined the offer and ignored any other attempts to reason with a player who is clearly underage and uninformed. My believe is that Tony chose to pursue the unproductive discussion in pursuit of an extreme and very unfair punishment for his own amusement or just because he could, which would fall under the abuse of power and authority. Being a literal child at the time I felt like he was mocking me and threatened him with hacking his account etc. however anyone could have seen trough the silly threats at the time and realise they were talking to a literal 12 yo. Moreover he bragged about banning me and continued to make fun with fellow admins regarding the chat he had with me:"Got this guy marked with a GOV Tag XD".
    Again, at the time I was in the wrong but given the lack of experience overall in the game and my age being 12 at the time I think the punishment is way too severe, therefore I am here to ask for a cleanup of my reputation.
    No one was scammed in the process, no one was harmed in any way with the exception of myself since my reputation had to suffer and the restriction on Tf2 servers I got.
    I truly believe that I only got banned because the person was an Admin that abused his powers when he could have just walk away from a pointless discussion with a kid. If any other person would have submitted that exact report I seriously doubt I would have faced the same consequences, and even if I would have faced the same punishment, it has been 9 years since then, and I haven't scammed anyone ever despite me being scammed multiple times and even making tickets on steamrep to seek justice against real scammers. I am asking you to please consider all of the above and remove any bans and restrictions I have on steamrep.​
  2. G_Hacker

G_Hacker Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54585110
    Forgot to mention the second attempt which consisted in me offering giftable games for the unusual, which emphasizes even more my lack of knowledge regarding the Tf2 item prices and trading at the time. And since I recently checked the screenshots of his appeal I asked him to stop making fun of me, where he replied with "why", and me being a kid got frustrated and made the alleged threat with my "hacker friends" and the silly logic that a hacker would put his name "Hacker" on any social platform which literary amounts to nothing as it is the same as a kid saying "my mom works and steam and will get you banned". The only thing I believe I can be found guilty of, is childish stupidity which I do not think should be punished to this extent, Gov tag and banned on steam rep for 9 years. I do not call this justice, just and unfair punishment and abuse of power on Tony Barretta's part.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Further invalid attempts will result in loss of posting privileges in the appeals section.
    Refer to your previous appeal attempt(s) if you have any additional questions.

Regards.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**