1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198073264902 - (Ducky McFergus / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Ducky McFergus, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Ducky McFergus

Ducky McFergus Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56499587
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198073264902 (Ducky McFergus)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I was cat-fished out of my account back in September. Scammer hijacked somebody on my friends list, so it was easy to trust 'em at the time. Cleaned me out of all my TF2 items.

[​IMG]
    I had warned several friends to report my account as hijacked. They screencap'd their chats with him posing as me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming hijack, you must provide proof.
  3. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    The only other piece of evidence I have is this gif the hijacker sent me prior to seizing my account.

[​IMG]

Like I stated, this was back in September. You can see the huge dip in my backpack history where a huge portion of my inventory was removed. Other than that there's just the screencaps my friends gave me of their conversations with the hijacker.
  4. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    Dug around for more evidence. Got the login history from September.

[​IMG]

As well as my trade history from the day it happened.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The account I traded to is trade banned as of now. They were impersonating a Steam Rep at the time. had to "scan" my "duped unusual".
  5. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    Got more info that might help out my case. Emails from Steam Support the day after my account was stolen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry if I'm spamming up this thread. I'm not sure what other information I can give so please tell me what I'm missing. It's no joke to say I'm worried for my account. Trading is one of the fun aspects of Steam and I'd be devastated to miss out on any of it. I've already been punished once when I lost the account. A ban of any kind would just be kicking me while I'm already down. Thank you for reading through this rat's nest of an appeal. I hope I was able to coherently make my case.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Did the scammer trade your items away or did you?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    I traded the unusuals. Dude said he needed to scan them to see if they were duped. Everything else was traded after I lost control of the account.
  8. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    Checking in on my appeal. Going on half a year since I posted and I just wanna make sure I wasn't forgotten or something.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    Do you have a support ticket to back up your claim of a hijacking?
  10. Ducky McFergus

Steam:
    I no longer have the specific emailed ticket if that's what you're asking for. I doubt I would have saved an email from almost 10 months ago. I contacted Steam Support again inquiring about it. They stated that all o Any and all emails related to this were posted above. If none of the previously posted info is up to snuff, then I'm completely out of proof.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Offense was of a hijacking nature, I was able to get additional details that back up your claim and the appeal will be granted. Please be careful going forward, you seem smarter than to fall for such scams and if you continually are compromised, we wont be able to honor future appeals.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**