1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198073382712 - (spaceman / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Pillz, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Pillz

Pillz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56558492
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198073382712 (spaceman)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hello.

Around five years ago, when I was a younger I scammed two people:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198073382712.39819/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/wonder-balls.34050/

Only when the reports were brought against me did my 13 year old self decide to have a change of heart and immediately return the stolen items to the respective owners. The Boston and Chess club brother story were... well... made up on the spot. To lie and push responsibility away.

I won't claim that I am innocent, well because I'm not. I was young and stupid and did not realize that my actions that hurt others had direct consequences. Frankly I was lucky that a ban was not issued on my account on Steamrep.

After the two ordeal I have never tried to scammed another person again, my younger self learnt that actions have consequence and I was very fortunate to learn this lesson and not have a punishment handed to me.

5 Years later, looking back (and chuckling at my younger self) at the whole thing I still carry the guilt and regret of my younger self, deceiving them and betraying their trust.

I ask the Steamrep admins to consider removing my SR Caution tag on my profile. After almost being handed a SR Ban to being a victim of a scam did my younger self realize that nothing good comes out of scamming. It betrays the trust put into you by the other person across on the computer screen, a person capable of feeling emotion just like me. I will never scam again my younger self thought, I will be truthful and live up to trust that is placed on me, whether in a virtual transactions or in real life.

That feeling is still carried with me to this day.

Now that I am older do I notice/realize that people willing to deceive for their own temporary benefit are everywhere. Truthful and honest people are hard to come by and I am glad that the SR reports taught me to be this kind of person from a young age.

Whether this gets lifted or not, SR taught me a valuable life lesson and I would like to thank the creators of this Reputation website for it.​
  2. Pillz

Pillz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56558492
    Just noticed that my SR caution was moved into a ban recently

Trying to edit the post such that it says banned SR appeal instead of caution but doesn't look like I can, just a heads up.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You never had a caution tag, it also appears you could not possibly have had any CoH at the time you repaid, because you blatantly lied in those same reports about it not being you. You repaid and lied about it because you were reported, not because of a CoH. That along with multiple offenses months apart (showing not a one off occurrence) do not show any reason to consider such an appeal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**