1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198075532361 - (Mr. Salim / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by bananasd, Jun 7, 2024.

1. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:57633316
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198075532361 (Mr. Salim)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have no alts.​

Appeal description:
    Hi dear admins,

My previous appeal was declared invalid and didn't go through.

I recently discovered that I'm steam rep is banned because I am falsely reported to be an alternative account of "top g top g" (https://steamcommunity.com profiles/76561198072120323).

The account (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075532361), Mr. Salim, is my ONLY account. I want emphasize that the admin who looked at my case probably mistook me as the other person.

"top g top g" was my childhood friend in real life and a former friend. I stop associating with him back in 2018 because he was extremely abusive to me and was a racist and negative influence in my life. He was also an avid scammer in TF2 trade. We live in different cities in CA. My steam account's security information is private to myself only, and I have NEVER shared my account(Mr. Salim) with him, nor has he ever logged onto my account.

I am willing to provide steam trade information or just any proof that you demand.

One evidence I can think of is that back then, he commented on my profile about our TTT (trouble in terrorist town) matches on Gmod, where we lost to an VIP named mayhem, and he was reminiscing about it. View attachment 817308

I want to emphasize that I am not "top g top g."

Thank you for your consideration.

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No, the admins followed internal report/appeal policy to the letter for such cases.

Now, about your case, if you are claiming not an alt, you need to explain your relationship with the other user in detail, or as best as you can, to include any/all interactions you have had with them and anything you can think of that would make us think you may be related so we can look into dispelling/verifying your claims.
  3. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    Thank you for getting back to me.

To expand on the story (my relationship with him), his (top g top g) name is Steven G. I met him in the Fall of 2012, roughly around October, because our parents know each other in real life and my mom just took me to his place to visit. He was actually the one that introduced me to steam and TF2 as a game and TF2 trading. We used to play TF2 together and would also play other games like L4D2 and Gmod, so basically he was a close childhood friend for a long time. However, most of our interaction would be online because we lived in different cities, hours away, and would occasionally meet up during holidays.

Nonetheless, he became toxic and abusive overtime, so I finally cut him off in the summer of 2018 when I couldn't handle his toxicity anymore and finally realize that I would better off without interacting with him. He tried to add me back several times on discord
    and steam, but I stood my final decision.

Evidence:
    1. I commented on his steam page before about how to add him on social medias.
    evi-3.PNG evi-2.PNG

2. FB chat from a long time ago when we were kids.
    - You can see that he asked me to play TTT(trouble in terrorist town) on Gmod.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    If you need additional details/sensitive information regarding this misunderstanding/situation, I am willing to talk to the admins privately.

Thank you so much again for your consideration.
    Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2024
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Nothing FB can be used and a comment on a steam profile is not sufficient enough. Do you have additional details/evidence to provide?

Can you clarify your associations/connections you may have used with them that may have triggered alternate account status?
  5. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    1. Evidence
    - I think a possible connection that may have triggered alternate account status is that we both have the same VACban date. The reason of the same date is because he asked me repeatedly to cheat in "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" with him. You know I was a middle school kid with a soft heart, so I agreed to follow what he said (toxic friendship).
    - Somehow his (top g top g) profile doesn't show the same VACban date that I mentioned above, but you can see that he is also VAC banned on the same date.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Evi-8.PNG evi_9.PNG

2. Connections with him
    - I used to trade some csgo, tf2, h1z1, and PUBG with him when I was still friend with him and all those trades were before 2018 Summer.
    - You can see the last trade I ever had with him was in May, 2018. I cut him off in my life in July, 2018.

Associatin-1.PNG

Also, could you elaborate on what is considered a valid evidence?

You know like I mentioned, I cut him off completely like I deleted and blocked him on all my social medias, steam, game platforms that I can't really find very specific conversations with him. The FB one and discord (he deactivated his discord) are the only ones I have with him.

3. We common friends. One of them is actually a high school friend of mine who can vouch that I'm not the same person as the other guy.

4. I can always talk privately to help with your investigation.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2024
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    A VAC ban is not the reason for your relationship as an alt. You share many internet connections with the other user over the course of years, you will need to explain this for the appeal to be considered further.
  7. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    "You share many internet connections with the other user over the course of years, you will need to explain this for the appeal to be considered further"
    My Question: What do you mean by internet connections specifically, like is it trade or just playing the games together? Please bear with me on this, as I am still trying to grasp the situation with my steam rep ban.

Answer: The reason for the many internet connections spent with the "top g top g" guy is because he USED to be my best friend in real life (I mentioned it many times above and I want to emphasize at this point please bear with me), and I would always play games together with him on steam, on Ubisoft, on EA orange(Battlefield 1), and you name it, while we would be on discord call to chat. I literally only had that one friend back in the days b/c I was still learning the English language as a new immigrant and had a hard time finding friends who were like me in real life. In that sense, his family speaks the same native tongue as me and my parent knew "top g top g" family, so obviously I would mostly hang out with him and exclusively with him like I didn't know who else to hang out with. I ended the friendship with him in 2018 and went off to college to start a new chapter of my life, and my college friend recently told me that I have a steamrep ban, which brought me here. I was really baffled to see the ban, and don't know how I got ban. Like was it b/c I got falsely reported or that "top g top g" retaliated me with some falsified evidence?

But let me be really clear, "top g top g", my ex-best friend, never had my steam account information nor has he ever logged onto my account to do trading.
    Any tradings b/t me and him was legit trading as friends (I can always provide trade history on steam).

I heard he was scamming people back in 2014 - 2015, but I never scammed anyone hence why I never had anyone reporting my steamrep for scam nor would I be able to scam anyone because my English was horrible back in the day and you could tell that I was not a native speaker or typer. I still hung out with him and played games with him closely online at that time because as a kid back then, I didn't care if he was scamming anyone or not, I was not scamming anyone and I just wanted a friend to play games with me when I was not studying, and frankly he was the only person who actually enjoyed playing similar games as I did and the only person that I could speak English to and not get completely made fun of in the beginning. But it all changed later down the line, which is why I broke ties with him completely in 2018.

I don't trust anyone to log onto my account because my account is almost 11 years old and I have tons of games in the inventory that I hold dear to, like AC:3.
  8. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    Oooh, okay I just found a specific one. It's very private like my skype chat with him when I still played with him. the information on his skype matches the info of his steamrep forums.

Could you please add me on discord or steam, so that I can show you this major evidence? I just don't want any sensitive information to get leaked on the internet.

Thank you so much!
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    No SR admin will ever ask you to use discord. If you need to submit something private, use the HIDE tags
    [H1DE=3,4] [/H1DE] (replace the 1 with an i)
    Nothing you said above explains why you used the same internet connection as the other user many times over the years.
  10. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    1. Oh I understand what you mean by "internet connection" now. Excuse my misunderstanding. If you mean by WIFI, yes I used to go to his house very often to play together in person when my school was off, so I would bring my laptop with me and log on to his WIFI at his house to play games together, such as TF2 and etc. However, I could only go to his house mostly during the summer, holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Sometimes, if my school was off like springbreak, I would also go to his house. We live pretty far from each other like a few hours away, so I couldn't go to his house like everyday.

2. Apology, I'm not really familiar with using bbcode editor. Does the HIDE tags hides images too? Would I just use the HIDE tags, like this:
    Hidden Content:
    ?
    Or can I just start a private conversation thread with you on this forum, where I can submit the proof?

Once again, I appreciate your time and I hope to get this misunderstanding resolved.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    You need to provide details as best you can about your shared connections, when they occured ect...
  12. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    So for the same WIFI/internet connections, it was all over like 2012 Halloween, November(Thanksgiving). Then in 2013 and 2014, I would go to his house and play using his wifi but I don't remember the specific dates. I think in 2015, I went to his place and used his wifi in one of the Fall holidays, could be Thanksgiving or Christmas. Honestly, I haven't talked to him in like 6 years and I already forgot most of the stuff like very specific date that I went to his place from 10 years ago. Honestly, recalling those memories is hard b/c I'm forcefully recalling some memories that I didn't enjoy with him; hence why I ended the friendship in the first place. This is exhausting, but I will show these screenshots I just took from skype and his steamrep forum.

Evidence:
    1. Based on what you said earlier, "to include any/all interactions you have had with them and anything you can think of that would make us think you may be related so we can look into dispelling/verifying your claims,"
    Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:
    - See the screenshots I just took.
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    Skype accounts cannot be tied to steam accounts, nothing about them can be used for our purposes. Do you have anything else to provide indicating you are separate users?
  14. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    Honestly, I've provided the most holistic story from my end and everything I said is true to the best of my knowledge.
    Sigh. You kept saying "___ is not a valid proof", so I want to ask you - what is considered a solid proof from your perspective? B/C even with how much I'm cooperating, giving you a lot of personal details, you seem to still harbor distrust and a lack of sympathy and care for an innocent bystander. I want to work with you to the best of my ability, so please bear with me.

Below is the latest piece I found:
    Hidden Content:
    Hidden Content:
    Hidden Content:
    Hidden Content:
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    Nothing provided so far is sufficient evidence of separate users. Its common for scammers to hop from account to account when discovered. I can give you one more chance but you will have to add me on steam, if you disconnect or disappear Ill consider that an appeal abandonment.
  16. bananasd

bananasd New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
  17. You Are The One

Steam:
    The appeal is granted, sufficient evidence provided indicating separate users.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**