1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198079310742 - (The Sandvichborn / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by The Sandvichborn, May 25, 2018.

1. The Sandvichborn

The Sandvichborn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59522507
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198079310742 (The Sandvichborn)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    My friend asked me why I was SteamRep banned and I had no idea that SteamRep was even a thing so I came here and fount that there is an alt account linked to my account when I have no such account and have never heard of the account. I don't know how this account got linked to mine as I have not traded for years. I don't want people to think i'm a scammer so i'm trying to get the account un-linked from mine. I have no evidence that it's not my account other then I just made this account today to submit this appeal.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You need to list your alternate steam accounts per the appeal tips, even if you are claiming you are not an alt of a specific account, your others you need to list.
  3. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
    Do I list it here or create a new appeal?
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    I have had zero followup from you as of yet, but after a deeper dive, I am confident the account was correctly tagged by the original admin, saying that, lying/lying by omission is grounds for an appeal to be instantly denied. I either need for you to explain your relationship to the other account and why you lied in your appeal about it, or reaffirm you have no relationship to it and I can finish processing the case.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
    Sorry about that, I forgot about this but as I said, I have no connection to the other account. Out of curiosity, am I allowed to know what connects the other account to mine?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Once again, you failed to disclose your additional account(s)
  7. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Are you telling me that the above account is yours or not?
    I am only interested in YOUR accounts, not accounts you are being accused of unless you are related/associated with them and explain that relationship/association.
  9. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
    That account is not mine. I don't have any other accounts and I never had any, you said "list your alternate steam accounts per the appeal tips, even if you are claiming you are not an alt of a specific account"
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
  11. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    Why did you fail to disclose 76561198114739190 as a related/associated account then?
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    It appears you saw my last post and decided to log off rather then reply, Ill give you an additional day to answer then.
  14. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    You failed to disclose it, lying by omission is lying and grounds for an appeal being denied, even after you said you read and understood what was being asked in the "what are alts" appeal tips.
    Why did you lie? You still failed to explain why.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  16. The Sandvichborn

Steam:
    I didn't lie, I just didn't know that having his computer at my house counted. I apologize for not fully understanding it.
  17. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -You were not honest about related/associated accounts after being asked over and over/given multiple opportunities to do so, lying/lying by omission being the deny reason.
    -Additional information shows you indeed know/are associated with the original offending account you claim to know nothing about.

Appeal denied.