1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198080688894 - (Rice / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Super Happy Fun Time, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Super Happy Fun Time

Super Happy Fun Time Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60211583
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198080688894 (Rice)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No alts​

Appeal description:
    I was very young a stupid and scammed a person with my friend when i was in middle school.

i just recently got back into csgo and wanted to use floatdb to buy some skins and it said i couldn't because of the steam rep ban i have on my account from about ~7 years ago​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Part of an appeal is the requirement to repay who you wronged, I see no evidence submitted here you repaid or attempted to repay.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/
    You need to follow the appeal guide to the letter for me to even consider the appeal further. You have two weeks to do so.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
    I have no clue how to find the person who I scammed. The report link on the on my profile no longer works and I have no clue who the person was since its been over 7 years ago

http://www.harpoongaming.com/threads/76561198082351937-hades.1229/
    ^link on my profile
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Lucky for you the victim posted threads on HG and SR and one of the HG admins reposed it to SR internally too.

Victim was 76561198067389013
    Item was "bills hat"
  5. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    So you are telling me being an accessory means you are not culpable for any harm done? Are you sure you want to base your appeal on that sediment?
  7. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
    I understand iam still guilty by association I just was not sure if I would still be held responsible for repayment being a fake middle man if I didn't technically middle man that trade

If you say iam still responsible for repayment would I just have to send that person a bills hat and what steps should i take to ensure enough proof is captured so you can confirm the repayment
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Ive already taken into account you were only an accomplice with other mitigating circumstances substantial enough as to why the appeal was not instantly automatically denied per our RWC (real world currency) related offense policy. Nevertheless, no appeal will be considered unless repayment is made. Follow the guide already linked above for repayment if you choose to do so. Not doing so will pretty much doom the appeal though.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  9. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
    I sent the trade offer not sure how to confirm I actually sent the offer so iam posting screenshots Trade.png Bills.png
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    TY for the update.
  11. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
    He hasn't accepted the trade offer or added me iam not sure what more i can do to contact/notify him iam pretty sure he doesn't have me blocked will update again if he accepts it or before the 2weeks is up
  12. Super Happy Fun Time

Steam:
    He accepted my trade offer
    accepted.png
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    you can add me on steam to discuss

Hidden Content:
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, further information was uncovered including you shared a connection with the other party involved in the scam for an extended period of time, including during the time of the scam, that almost always results in a defacto-alt determination and negates any claim of being an unwitting accomplice, something you FAILED to disclose in your appeal (lying/lying by omission is grounds for an appeal to be automatically denied) additionally, the report the admin copied to SR included the original screenshots of the offense, ones that were DOA in the original thread against you and why the appeal was not instantly denied for being a RWC offense (auto deny per SR policy). Between both these points, and non timely repayment, their is no way forward for this case. The appeal is solidly denied.

Since it does not matter anymore, I am not going to list the accounts as alts so I don't have to entertain additional appeals for removal of the alt linking.

Hidden Content: