1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198102732052 - (DONUTSEEDS / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DONUTSEEDS, Jul 6, 2023.

1. DONUTSEEDS

DONUTSEEDS Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71233162
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198102732052 (DONUTSEEDS)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other accounts​

Appeal description:
    I've had this happen to other people I know, and they can provide evidence of this as well. I have little hard evidence as this was four years ago and I haven't noticed anything wrong until I've started trying to play tf2 more often recently when I noticed I'm banned from most community servers and trade sites. Looking back to see what happened I found SteamRep and the forum accusing me. I'm 18 years old now and I remember when all of this happened, I was fourteen and a guy dm'ed me saying the exact same thing that they said to Nicholas, and I believed them, giving them my password and username. my email was taken as well and I remember being able to get my account back by changing my password using a code sent to my mom's phone number. I didn't think anything had come of it. I see Nich's profile still in my block list and I simply hadn't thought anything of it until now. Given I have no other record online, and I took over four years to notice and appeal, I think it's self-evident I am not fraudulent or a scammer. I hardly play the game and when I try to I find my mistake from when I was fourteen has come to bite me in the ass today.
    If you need any other clarification or assistance to help this move along quicker please let me know!
    Thanks.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming hijack, you must provide the following
    1. Exact dates (or as close as you possibly can) from when you lost your account to when you regained the account.
    2. A support ticket from Valve indicating you were hijacked and you recovered your account.
    3. Inventory history two weeks prior to the hijacking through two weeks after account recovery.

All the info must be uploaded to the forums here and comply with our screenshot policy. You have two weeks to followup.
  3. DONUTSEEDS

Steam:
    As I said this was four years ago. any of the support tickets I would have made would have been deleted after 6 months. its been 50 months.
    I likely lost my account around May 16, and got it back the 18th (both in 2019). Although like I said this was over four years ago, and this is nothing more than an educated guess based on my foggy recollection. I hardly used steam back then, as you can see with the attached file. My inventory history in 2019 can nearly be fit entirely in one screenshot, with a nearly one year gap between items (July 5, 2019 -> June 3, 2020), and regular gaps of over one month.

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

Steam:
    To prevent abuse for claims of hijackings that are faked to skirt responsibility for ones actions, and we see a lot of that, SR REQUIRES all three of these elements to be provided for a successful appeal of a hijacking claim. It's one of a very few objective standardized policies for appeals where others like CoH claims are a lot more subjective. If you cannot provide the details, the appeal has no way forward, the handling admin will reject it.
  5. DONUTSEEDS

Steam:
    I dont see how you can expect me to provide steam tickets for something from four years ago. Is there any other way I can resolve this? I have literally no way to show you any of my steam tickets from that long ago. Yes, I was reported, and yes, it took me four years to even realize I had been banned. I have everything except that one steam ticket.
    Please tell me theres something I can do, or someone higher up to talk to?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    I am the "higher up" (head appeal admin) I am not handling your appeal for that reason, just providing you with an explanation of how such appeals are handled and why. This is also why I am able to give the cut/paste hijacking standard followup language w/o "taking" the appeal, its REQUIRED no matter the admin who handles the case. If you have any further policy related inquiries, please take them to the general chat section of the forums and keep the appeal related to your specific case. The admin who handles appeals will want you to followup with what was already requested.
  7. DONUTSEEDS

Steam:
    I went through old emails, and found those from when I changed my email upon regaining control of my account, and the creation of support tickets. as you can see in my screenshots though, these were deleted after 60 days, leaving me completely out of options.

Additionally, I reached out to Steam themselves and they informed me that they cannot release anything to me as it is a possible breach of security.

I find it hard to believe no one thought of this as a problem.

Attached Files:

8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Since this case has been pending w/o additional followup and the other admin will be unavailable for the foreseeable future, I am going to go ahead and close this case out, if you decide to have the case reviewed, another admin will review it.

Appeal denied.
    -No support ticket provided.
    -No/non compliant inventory history provided.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**