1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198106019027 - (slick / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by slikkk, Sep 20, 2018.

1. slikkk

slikkk Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72876649
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198106019027 (slick)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    The hijacker of my account, was, surprisingly enough, a friend I had added before the incident. The hijacker of my account was posing as a Steam Admin, saying my items were ''fraudulent''. Of course, I was skeptical, but not smart enough to research if duped items really had been in my inventory. There was a bit of steam chatting, but that info is lost as the account has unfriended me, most likely through my account, and has most likely changed the info of their alt account as well. Some of my steam friends say that someone by the name of Chronicles had also hijacked one of my other friends's account, then use that one to get to me. I, however, am not going to say that this account IS the one that had done it, but rather post it here to leave it up to debate: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198161364309
    One of the screenshots shows the items removed from my inventory at the time of the scam, being June 20 of this year (2018, quite obviously).
    There was also a Steam Guide page showing off some "Steam Admins" within it, but I believe it was removed as some of my more barbaric friends decided to raid Discord servers with the so-called mastermind account in it, which may have hinted that somebody was able to interfere with the ring and notify others about it, promptly removing the guide as well as all other traces of the ring, except for his/her account, with all of the stolen goods still within it.
    The two final screenshots (hopefully the order isn't messed up) show the decline in items as well, and is quite an abnormal drop. View attachment 677532 View attachment 677533 View attachment 677534 View attachment 677535 View attachment 677536 View attachment 677537

Attached Files:

2. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Sorry for the delayed response. If you are claiming hijacking, please provide evidence of your full communication with steam support to recover your account, including their complete response.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You also need to explain exactly how you were hijacked.
  4. slikkk

slikkk Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72876649
    Terribly sorry for not doing a thorough enough job the first time. I was in quite the frenzied panic while creating it.
    To be frank, I'm not sure what things could be of use, so instead I will put anything that I believe could help clear this up.
    First things first, communication with steam support. My report to Steam Support was in the original post, but just in case, I'll post in this comment too. (Under the name Screenshot 29, with personal info blurred out. The URL at the top is odd due to it being a saved .html.)
    Secondly, the first message sent to me was the confirmation code I needed to give in order to actually send the request. (Screenshot 25.)
    Next, there was the message that they had received the help request. (Screenshot 24, I accidentally took these out of order.)
    Then, I received a message telling me a had received a new Steam Support message. (Screenshot 26.)
    Here is where things get a bit unfortunate for me. I have tried to view the message again to screenshot as a piece of evidence. However, it says the Help Request was no longer available due to it being unopened for 60 days, which is my own fault. I had attempted to log in to see if it would recognize the account that had sent it, yet I had no luck. (Screenshot 27, personal info blurred.) If anyone knows a way to view the comment, please let me know, as I am very much willing to cooperate with anyone to get it.
    Next would be the explanation of the hijack. Please note these events may not be 100% correct, but I am confident that these were the events that transpired.
    1) The person contacts me after mostly silence for awhile. They say they have became a "Steam Admin".
    2) They claim that my TF2 Taunt items were duplicated items, and therefore fraud.
    3) I had been skeptical, yet never bothered to check (which would eventually be my downfall). I had never really used taunts anyway, so I handed them to him to check for "non-fraudulence".
    4) He then claims that my entire TF2 backpack could be fraud, and that he needs the items immediately. My brain started to draw blanks in what to say, and I had started to become concerned for myself. I handed over the items, possibly due to his demanding tone.
    5) He asks for my Steam username and a Verification Code. Here is where my brain started to come up with excuses to not be fearful of what was happening. Here, it told me that "Maybe he's just trying to see if I'm the one who owns the account, to make sure the account hadn't been compromised."
    6) At this point, he had wanted to move the conversation into Discord, which was totally out of the blue. I felt like I had no choice to comply.
    7) He then begins to say he needs 100 dollars transferred to the account in order to prove "I owned the account". At this point, I knew this was a load of crap and that I had been scammed, but my conscience decided not to act upon this realization.
    8) Since I didn't act off what I had just realized and say that I knew this was a big sham and I would report it, I had instead attempted to get the scammer to just take the items and get out of my life. He was very persistent on the $100, though.
    9) He had then said that the PayPal account I used and the Steam Account would be locked. He "locked" the Steam Account by taking it from me, and I had quickly scrambled to attempt to protect the PayPal account instead, since it's where the main source of my money is. (Deep down I felt like I knew that was a bunch of crap too, but I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.)
    10) This is where I had contacted Steam Support in an attempt to regain my account, which was a success. However, I had failed to realize my account had been reported here, since I got no sort of notification since my email wasn't connected to the account at the time.
    These next few steps don't cover the hijacking, but rather the events that transpired after it.
    11) My close friend, ComradeRayGun, notified me of the report on my account. I had gotten completely shocked by this, and asked if he could try to talk to the reporter, since I thought they wouldn't trust me. (I had failed to realize I had Evidence to clear up the issue. If needed, Screenshot 30 proves he contacted me.)
    12) Unfortunately, he had entirely forgotten to talk to the reporter of my account, which is how it got banned. (Also if needed, Screenshot 31 proves this.)
    13) My first appeal was made here soon after all of this. ComradeRayGun also had made a comment here saying he had proof if needed, but the comment was removed. (Screenshot 32 proves his comment.)
    If there is anything I have missed, PLEASE let me know so I can add the info if I find it. Thank you for reviewing my appeal.

Attached Files:

5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello. I'm unable to grant this appeal, since we do not consider willingly giving out your credentials to another Steam user to be a form of hijacking.
    You are at all times responsible for your account and any actions by it; this is Valves stance, and this is also our stance.
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/ :
    https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    If our policy changes, and only then, you will be welcome to make another appeal.
    Appeal denied.