1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198114551724 - (polecy / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by paul 7, Oct 10, 2021.

1. paul 7

paul 7 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:77142998
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198114551724 (polecy)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    So earlier last year I checked this website and saw that there was a report on me from several years ago. I was unaware of this site so when I saw that something I had already handled was still posted, I had the intentions of clearing my record, however this was not the case. Because I decided and made the effort to clear my record, I received a much harsh punishment. Before the report was just displayed below my account but I wasn't marked as banned, yet because I tried to clear my reputation, it was escalated. Also the admin writes that I went MIA after him posting that the victim was online, I did not go MIA. I sent him a friend request immediately and posted back on the forum asking for more information. I sat waiting and waiting for him to accept my request yet I didn't get a response. I was caught up with complications regarding COVID, at the time it was becoming a real big issue, so I wasn't able to get on steam for several months. Im not saying my record should be completely cleared, unless that is possible. But what I am requesting is that I don't receive a more harsh punishment for trying to clear my name, especially after I made amends with the victim. It's like saying if I never tried clearing my name I would be in a much better position, but because I did so Im in a much worse position. If there is absolutely anything I can do, I would be happy to do so. It is unfortunate I am unable to provide some of the proof required to have it cleared but again, that is not in my control. I am not trying to play victim at all, because obviously it is without a doubt my fault and actions that put me in this situation, yet after paying the victim an agreed amount and trying to appeal this report, it put me in a worse position than if I just never repaid him and tried clearing my rep.​
  2. paul 7

paul 7 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:77142998
    I never made an appeal in this fashion, I just replied on the original report the victim posted.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Usually I would give such an appeal a standard deny per policy, but since you fundamentally do not understand how bad you screwed up, ill elaborate a tad first.

First, their is banned and caution, nothing else, what you are probably referencing is an unconfirmed report. Banned is when someone did commit the offense, as you have, caution is for lesser degrees (NOT a 2k RWC offense) or other admin discretion circumstances or not 100% conclusive, maybe only 99%, none of this applies to this case. You agreed on a RWC related offense and failed to followup on your end of the deal. No such thing as "harsher then it should have been" here on SR and your appeal reason of "admin misunderstood evidence" is also NOT the case as NOTHING is in dispute. As for repayment, its clear it was not immediate (if you actually did) nor have you provided proof of repayment or repayment chat as REQUIRED for all appeals per policy.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...ke-global-offensive-items.108866/#post-519003
    Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. You hold someones knife "hostage" and demand that a deals terms be changed under duress of getting nothing at all out of it, is NOT VALID. You clearly are an extreme risk to everyone who is unfortunate to run into you. In addition, they are many other cringe-worthy replies by you in the report. You are the type of person for why we have a policy to deny any RWC (real world currency) related offenses.

Edit: Forgot to add,
    SR, by policy, does not grant appeals for RWC (real world currency) related offenses.

Firmly denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**