1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198118210282 - (El Tutter / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by El Tutter, May 19, 2020.

1. El Tutter

El Tutter Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78972277
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198118210282 (El Tutter)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I dont have any other accounts that I know of my little brother may have had his own account using my email Im not sure though​

Appeal description:
    Alright so I dont really know how this works but im going to do my best to explain my brother got a message from a friend whose account also got hijacked saying my brother needed to give him my mobile authenticator password or i was going to be banned because the friend wrongfully reported me my brother asked me for it and i gave it to him thinking he just needed it to sign in he always asked at the worst times at that specific moment i was in an argument with my gf so i didnt have time to go over and make sure he needed it to sign in, anyways the person got into my account and i continued on with my day unknowing of a person in my account selling all of my items on steam i did end up finding out. I straight away sent a message to steam and was met with an automated bot that was asking for some information i didnt have any access too like old steam codes i had used for wallet funds or old credit cards i had used so i pretty much hit a brick wall what really got to me was that i read that steam couldnt do anything about my items as i practically gave my password away in their eyes. So i pretty much let the person have my account for months just disheartened at the fact all my stuff was being sold i just didnt want to go back to steam so i just left it like that for a while. A few months later i thought about all the games i had on my account too and i just couldnt let those so i finally messaged steam and was able to get a hold of an actual employee who helped me get around a few and was able to get my account and games back unfortunately since this was a few months ago as i wasnt looking to get right back into trading the conversation between me and the steam employee has been deleted automatically by steamafter 60 days i still do have the emails just no conversation i do however have some screenshots of some items the person sold off my account hopefully this is enough information to prove my innocence as i would like to get back into trading thank you for reading and im sorry its so long
    like i said there is no conversation but if you would like i could show you when i sent the email if that helps me in any way​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    1. If you are claiming hijack, you must provide a steam support ticket showing as much.
    I need you to clarify: Did your brother's Steam account get hijacked, and then used to steal your account as well? Or was your brother using your account when it got stolen, after he fell for the scam while borrowing your account?
  3. El Tutter

Steam:
    thank you for the reply and yes to clarify my brother was using my account and he was the one who fell for the scam while on my account and where would i get that steam ticket
  4. El Tutter

Steam:
    just to clarify once more i do have all the emails between me and steam i just dont have any of the conversation between me and the employee if that makes any sense i will do everything to get whatever you guys need to prove my innocence
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Per policy, lending out of an account does not negate a banned tag nor are you able to appeal for the account.
    Since this was a claimed hijacking tho, the only way not to close the appeal is to provide proof of a hijacking with a support request as already mentioned.
  6. El Tutter

Steam:
    well this is what i could provide emails received by steam support
    1 them removing my phone number
    2 them removing my email address
    3 me asking for help from steam
    4 me removing their phone number from my account
    5 me getting my account back

Attached Files:

7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Nothing provided is acceptable, Ill give you an additional week to followup.
  8. El Tutter

Steam:
    what would be acceptable this is what pops up when i try to access the convo between me and the steam employee what else could i do

Attached Files:

9. El Tutter

Steam:
    could i get a response on my question dont really know where to go from here ive tried looking up how to get my ticket but just keep ending up at a dead end a little help would be appreciated for something i shouldnt even be held accountable for in the first place compared to some other people on this site
  10. El Tutter

Steam:
    i contacted steam themselves and asked if they could retrieve my old support ticket they cant do anything about it which leaves me with no other options please just give me a chance i have done everything i could to get this damn ticket its gone i cant get it back

Attached Files:

11. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, there is insufficient evidence to overturn the original admins tagging. No evidence of a hijacking was provided and I can only deny the appeal at this point.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**