1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198123903626 - (sTALINoNtOP / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by sTALINoNtOP, Jul 9, 2023.

1. sTALINoNtOP

sTALINoNtOP Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81818949
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198123903626 (sTALINoNtOP)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    n/a​

Appeal description:
    Hi,

I have slowly gotten back to being very interested in the CSGO scene, anticipating the exciting release of CS2 etc.

Finding out about this steamrep ban was only something I discovered this week when I tried to trade with someone and they pointed this out to me where I saw I was steamrep banned for impersonation.

In all honesty I have no recollection of this happening as it was almost 10 years ago however knowing how I was back then I don't put it past the fact that I definitely would've been guilty for impersonation. I don't remember the context of my offense as I was a kid however can accept 100% that I would've been behaving inappropriately however as I've now matured after those almost 10 long years I can promise that my behavior is improved and I will not be breaking rules to indicate that I am a threat to the community.

I apologise to anyone I may have inconvenienced back then and would love to have a fresh start going into CS2.

Many Thanks​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have until the 27th to followup.
  4. sTALINoNtOP

Steam:
    Hi,

Sorry been busy with work,

What do you mean by why ?
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    You asked for a "fresh start", something appeals are not designed for. So I asked why, what makes your case different if you have not been bothered by it or even recall the offense?

Other than the above question you waited up until the deadline and still did not answer. I have additional questions now.
    Were you aware of steamrep at the time? Were you aware of Vintage Cobra (who he was and in what capacity) at the time? Yes or no answers only on both of these.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  6. sTALINoNtOP

Steam:
    Hi,

Yes because I recently started playing again and when I went to trade someone they pointed out that I am banned on steamrep, they must've had some browser plugin or something that shows it, Now that I am much older, wiser and financially in a position to be a case degenerate, I feel that being banned on steamrep would impede my ability to trade skins and become a part of this community etc and I intend to cause no harm to the community moving forward in any way.

Answer is no to both of your last questions
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Our information indicates you were aware of Steamrep at the time, you posted your steamrep "status" on your profile in no uncertain terms, this makes the impersonation even more clear you knew who they were.

The appeal is being denied.