1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198127727404 - (AUSSIEGAMRM8 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by AUSSIEGAMRM8, Oct 30, 2016.

1. AUSSIEGAMRM8

AUSSIEGAMRM8 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83730838
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198127727404 (AUSSIEGAMRM8)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    My IRL friend (Hoppy, the victim of this case) has falsely accused me of scamming because he believed that we were in it together, however I had not committed such things persisting to fraudulence nor scamming. He was banned by SteamRep and believed that I should also be banned, however we had only talked about it at school and I had no intention of scamming anyone as I had second thoughts while in the process of making the fake middleman account. This can be viewed through my steam profile being restored to its original state before being reported for fraud. Discrepancies noted in the report are false as I have acted upon scamming anyone because as I said before I had second thoughts because I thought it was wrong and unjust towards the people on the receiving end of the scam. Hoppy had given me a knife for my birthday as token of our friendship as we were friends IRL and he wasn't victim to any scams that were claimed as said in the report. I had changed my account prior to the ban as I thought it wrong that we were scamming people.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    So http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198246670910 is your friend? Why would he report you? Why would you even think of committing fraud in the first place? Dont you think that others should know if a user attempts to scam, even if he ends up not going thru with it?
  3. AUSSIEGAMRM8

Steam:
    @You Are The One I never even attempted to scam anyone, I just thought about it and discussed it with Hoppy during school. He reported me because he believed I should be involved with the ban since we had discussed it at school together. In other words, he was upset that he got banned, and I did not, even though I never attempted to scam.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    That's not what I asked, also, do not tag me in posts.
  5. AUSSIEGAMRM8

Steam:
    Sorry for tagging you, but I obviously didn't understand what you said so could you please clarify
  6. AUSSIEGAMRM8

Steam:
    I had a lapse of judgment when the topic came up and thought it would be a good idea due to peer pressure and my stupidity controlled my actions instead of rational thinking. Also i never attempted to scam anyone I was in the process of completing a scam account and when I had finished, I thought it was wrong to scam people and I put myself in their shoes and eventually went against my initial rash and dumb decision to try to scam.
  7. AUSSIEGAMRM8

Steam:
    If I thought about scamming and never actually committed fraud, then how can it be called an offence as the act was never committed and as I said I had second thoughts before actually attempting to scam anyone.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have no idea how close the call was to upholding the banned tag, as it could have been by policy. Previous interactions with the reporter and no reports of attempting to execute a scam, along with your honesty are the only reasons I bothered to not deny this appeal outright.

After a review and consultation with other appeal admins, tag will be downgraded to a caution. You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again. Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal. You went far enough along with the attempt that no further tag downgrade is warranted.

Appeal downgraded.