1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198128796579 - (dabecot / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by dabecot, Jul 1, 2023.

1. dabecot

dabecot Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:84265425
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198128796579 (dabecot)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    don't have any​

Appeal description:
    I apologize in advance for not making this appeal sooner.

The scam happened on 22 September, 2017.And my birthday is on 2006 which means I was around 11 years old during the time I got scammed.

The scammer said he will give me an unusual hat which I don't remember the name of it but it was worth around 11 keys on backpack.tf and he said he will give me the hat for free if I have a 'security token' which his 'friend' will send a trade offer containing the security token. The trade offer was sent to me and it seemed suspicious. The 'friend' that sent me the trade offer already wrote the security token as a message on the trade offer. Being the naive kid I was, I just accepted the trade and gave him the security token to supposedly redeem the unusual. View attachment 809524
    After that, he said he wanted to borrow my taunt since I was going to get an unusual anyway
    View attachment 809525
    Looking back at this trade, I feel dumb even for an 11 year old

After all of that, he asks for my password so his 'friend' can put the unusual in my account. I fell for it yet again. Not long after that, I lost access to my steam account and asked for help from my brother. He told me to make an alternate email to ask for help from Steam.
    View attachment 809531
    On September 27, 2017 which is only 5 days later, Ricochet reported my stolen account which had an entirely different username and custom URL

After some time, Steam had confirmed I was the owner of the account and changed the account's password and I was able to access it again. I immediately removed all the random people on my friend list and changed my profile.
    Note that I got my account back in 2018.

On a side note, Steam really took their time on it. I was tired of waiting so I decided to make an account on Roblox.
    https://www.roblox.com/users/441424194/profile
    Which shows I made the account around almost 2 months of waiting for a response from Steam.

My school friend wanted to see if I could still trade and told me that he got a warning when he was about to send a trade offer.

I was busy with life and with the fact that my account is tagged as a scammer, I temporarily quit Steam and continued playing Roblox.

I'm 17 years old now. I'm more than certain the scammer doesn't even care for my account anymore. I'm upset that I don't have any evidence showing the scammer's chat with me but it is similar to the conversation Ricochet had.

View attachment 809532
    This is the 'friend' I was mentioning which is most likely the scammer's alt account.

I didn't want to make a new account just because I'm tagged as a scammer, so the best I can do is ask for an appeal. My regret is, not knowing I could write one in the first place.

If u did read all of this, please analyze it carefully and add me if u have any questions.​

Attached Files:

2. dabecot

Steam:
    i didnt even notice i put too much unnecessary attachments
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming hijack, you must provide the following
    1. Exact dates (or as close as you possibly can) from when you lost your account to when you regained the account.
    2. A support ticket from Valve indicating you were hijacked and you recovered your account.
    3. Inventory history two weeks prior to the hijacking through two weeks after account recovery.

All the info must be uploaded to the forums here and comply with our screenshot policy. You have two weeks to followup.
  4. dabecot

Steam:
    sadly I dont have access to my alternate email that has the steam support ticket and took longer than 2 weeks trying to get it. Now I dont know what I can do for the appeal
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Without the requested information, we cannot verify your claim that you were hijacked, and this appeal cannot be granted. As you have not provided anything that was already asked of you, I have no choice but to Reject this appeal.

Regards.