1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198132313278 - (wagwan / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Slamanander, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Slamanander

Slamanander Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86023775
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198132313278 (wagwan)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    I admit fully to impersonating a "GOTrade" admin. However, this was back in 2016 and I was barely a teenager. I was a stupid kid (emphasis on stupid, I had a CS gambling problem at 13 lol) and I copy/pasted a bunch of junk into my Steam profile to make myself seem more trustworthy than I really was. I want to be upfront - I did intend to scam people. Luckily, however, nobody was stupid enough to go through with it as that would've been irredeemable to me. This is to say that I never actually managed to trick anybody - for whatever that's worth. (I can provide my inventory logs from back then which supports this, I haven't done so as it's quite long and filled with mostly junk).

While I did intend to scam people back then, I want to emphasise that this was a LONG time ago. The report was in 2016, and I hadn't had the fraudulent info in my bio for long at the time. I've since quit online gaming for a long time, very occasionally logging in to spend time with friends. In that time i've grown up from the immature 13-14 year old that I was into a man that's doing his best to make those around him proud. Counter-Strike 2 has revitalised my love for the CS franchise and i've started to put hours and hours into the game again like I used to.

Thanks to Ohnepixel, i've begun to get seriously into the "skins" scene of CS:GO. I've put a decent chunk of money into the game to get myself a loadout and intend to trade and purchase even more to establish myself as a member of the skin community. This ban on my account impacts me heavily as I want to become a reputable community member, and yet I can't even log into csgofloat.com with the ban on my account.

In summary, i'm truly regretful of my actions but I want to emphasise that i've changed and grown as a person in that time. I understand if the decision is to reject my appeal, but I urge you to at least consider unbanning my profile.

Thank you - Tyler.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Wanting to trade is not a reason to consider an appeal and impersonation is not a minor offense.
  3. Slamanander

Slamanander Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86023775
    Oh no that's not what I meant. I call it a minor offense in the sense that nobody was scammed. Apologies for that misunderstanding.

My appeal isn't just because i'd like to trade. While that's definitely an aspect, i'm also unable to log into CSGOFloat and would like a "fresh start" so to speak. I understand if that's not a valid reason for an appeal, but I hope that nobody being scammed coupled with the time since the incident means my appeal may be considered.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Appeals are not meant to be "fresh starts" by design, tags are permanent. "Nobody being scammed" is minimizing your actions. I don't see a CoH claim here. I can give you one last reply to show otherwise.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    An additional week to followup.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Sorry, I am not able to consider the appeal, if policy changes and allows "fresh starts" in the future, you can submit an appeal then.

Regards.