1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198134699634 - (Mart475 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Mart475GamingYT, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Mart475GamingYT

Mart475GamingYT Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87216953
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198134699634 (Mart475)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not use any other Steam accounts for trading, idling or chatting.​

Appeal description:
    Hello.

I'm wanting to appeal a ban from back in 2015 for an attempted scam I tried to do to an owner of a trade server. Back then I was only a kid, so I didn't really know what I was doing, or what trading even was.

I attempted to scam this user below.

| steamname: ❤ BEESLEY {NTOTB}
    | steam3ID: [U:1:127434702]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:63717351
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087700430
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/beeslebub
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198087700430

I was inside of his trade server and didn't know he even owned it, I told him that I was selling keys for 19 refined metal and accepted a trade from the user once he sent me one. I told him that the "keys are in the trade" but I can't see them, which was obviously fake, it's "glitching on my screen" I told him.

He told me over the voice chat to check the in-game chat, when I realized he was the server owner. I realized I made a mistake so I instantly left, closed the trade, disconnected, changed my name and made my profile private. I didn't know doing this was going to make it worse, and as I said earlier I was fairly new to trading and was a kid so I didn't know that it would make things worse. The scam did not work.

I do not have any form of trading history with the user, check attached file. After I tried the scam, I virtually quit trading for a period of 10+ days because I regretted what I did.

I do not wish to bother the user I attempted to scam as I respect what I did to them, and want them to be in peace. I never took any of their items.

I deeply regret attempting to scam the user, and I am embarrassed with what I did. I hope I can get resolve this situation with you guys at Steam Rep, and clear my name. I haven't been around in the trading community for years, but I do every few months check back into it, and see what's going on.

Hopefully this can resolve things and we can go seperate ways. Thank you.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Have you attempted this or anyother scams with other people?
  3. Mart475GamingYT

Steam:
    No. It was so long ago that I don't exactly remember, but I do not think I did it to anyone else, that person was my one and only attempted scam.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Why have you waited 4-5 years to address the incident?
  5. Mart475GamingYT

Steam:
    Honestly, I'm not too sure. I never knew I was banned till recently, because previously it was just a pending report, and the ban was not fully applied. I regret everything I did, and will never do it again. I just want to get my name clean, and get back into TF2.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Due to circumstances of the case, I am declining the appeal at this time since I am unable to ascertain any change of heart as you selected for your appeal reason.
    You may appeal again in two years time.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**