1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198142457554 - (Double / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Double, May 13, 2015.

1. Double

Double Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91095913
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198142457554 (Double)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I do not know what this was for. I have changed my names on multiply account to names such as Penguin the Fluffy etc. but I have never actually done a scam, or attempted to scam someone using steamrep. I had simple changed it to troll around with a friend who had changed his name to another one of the steamrep middlemen. At the time, I had many bets going on csgolounge.com where I was trading some of my skins. No scamming was involved in these trades, but I assume that people saw my username was Penguin the Fluffy and reported me for scamming. I do not know if that is the accurate reason, but I can assure you that I did not commit anything against steamrep policies. I would greatly appreciate if you could get to the bottom of why exactly I was banned. Thank you.​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    And you changed your profile description to fit his as well? Hmm.
  3. Double

Double Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91095913
    This must be a really slow appeal process. Pretty sure I could get an amendment appealed faster than this.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Yet you glossed over what the above user mentioned, it was not "simple changes" you made
  5. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal;
    Impersonating to scam also scams the person you are impersonating of their reputation. Other then it being premeditated and having time to re-think your decisions, it was a community admin who was, at the time, tagged on SR, that shows you were aware of SR and the impact of such a user to the community. I cant accept an appeal under such conditions. You simply knew or should have known better. Having said that, they are some mitigating circumstances between how long this appeal has been pending and as far as I can tell there are no direct reports against you for actual scamming and limited information on how far you went to impersonate.

You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Appeal granted, tag downgraded to caution.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**