1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198150446418 - (daley ᴅʀꜱᴛᴇᴀᴍ.net / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by daley, Jun 6, 2020.

1. daley

daley New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95090345
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198150446418 (daley ᴅʀꜱᴛᴇᴀᴍ.net)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Not using any other accounts​

Appeal description:
    First thing first, I'd like to say that as a veteran trader (since 2014) and lv101 steam level, I NEVER scammed or tried to scam anyone, but got scammed once for $300, along with tons of other attempts.

Second, I admit I have faked a price by simply changing the price on cs.money so therefore I totally understand the ban, but please read further as you'll understand why I did that. So let's talk about what really happened. (I still remember it even though it was a couple of weeks ago because it was the first time I've encountered this kind of scam attempt)

The guy who reported me, Lucifer Morningstar, added me and asked if i'm interested in M9 Slaughter, I said I don't mind and then he said he relies on cs.money's pricing system and sent a cut image of his knife value. To your attention, you could see he did not include the price in his "evidence"! Why not? because he simply modified the price too!

Let's talk about cs.money pricing system - they essentially underprice your items at the deposit, and slightly overprice it on withdraw (money-making machine, which is totally legit).
    Let's take an example:
    My karambit (phase 2) is valued at $682 upon depositing.
    A random karambit (phase 2) is valued at $800 upon withdrawing.
    = $120~ difference
    Obviously it'll be lower tax on lower tier items.

According to Lucifer Morningstar's cut image, his knife was valued at $510-$520 (I'd be glad if shares that same image), at first I believed, but then I went to cs.money and was surprised to see that the withdraw value was $550-$560 (=$30-$40 difference only!).
    When I confronted him and told him that his value is quite impossible, he said "idk man maybe its a bug", and in order to prove him that what he did can be easily done, I modified the price of my knife too, without any cheating intention, just to simply let him know that I can easily modify the price too! I wouldn't accept the M9 with that value howsoever!

We chatted after that and came to a conclusion that it might be a cs.money's "bug", said goodbye to each other and good luck.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to our chat logs unless maybe he is willing to add me and i'll happily share it.

P.S: Not sure why he mentioned my knife tag (ty drsteam.net), but just to clear it out, it is my own website which is purely a non-profit website and I built it for people in the trading community to use and be able to calculate their steam account worthy.

Hopefully you'll understand there is no way I would ever try to scam anyone.

Cheers,
    Dale​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Is everything else in the chat correct?
    The report that was accepted omitted some of the chat, but it was provided in the original report against you. Is that chat accurate too?

You may add me on steam to discuss the case as well.
  3. daley

daley New User

Steam:
    I am not able to view the chat logs for some reason - I've added on you steam for further discussion.
  4. daley

daley New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately we haven't been able to discuss on steam, could you post the chat logs here? So I could confirm whether its correct or not.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After speaking with you and other SR staff about this specific case, I find no firm (or implied) trade agreement was reached at the point of the discussions termination. The log provided in the report is not disputed by either party, with that I also find the report lacked any other sufficient evidence for a tagging (among other deficiencies) and your appeal story otherwise plausible enough to cast serious doubt about your intent to defraud. I read the report as trying to set up a possible trade that never got past the "fake price-checking each-other" phase. I also do not see you were otherwise dishonest in the appeal including being upfront about the fake screenshot (if however you did this to/on SR, that would lead to a different outcome).

Saying that, I am strongly warning you against using fake/altered screenshots and unlikely such a defense will work again.

Appeal granted.